Chapter 5

Cyrus

I hear really muffled voices above me. The light burns my eyes.

The ground underneath me is soft enough so it's not uncomfortable. Slowly the ringing in my ears started to quiet down, though my eyes remained shut.

"Oh crap, what the hell am I supposed to do know?" The ranting continues for a few minuets until I finally realize the voice belongs to TJ. I manage to open my mouth just enough to mumble in the quietest tone, "I-I'm okay."

Slowly I open my eyes and try to sit up. My lungs burn like they're having trouble breathing.

"Cyrus? Cyrus! OhmygodareyouokayIthoughtyoupassedoutandIhadnoideawhattodo" TJ rambles coming closer to me, he places his hand on my wrist to check my pulse. Not that it will matter since my heart is very irregular around him.

"I'm fine I just-" Actually why did I faint?

"You saw something on your laptop and starting trashing the room, do you want me to take you to the nurse?" TJ fills in for me.

I shake my head. "No I'm good, plus I don't want to cause you any trouble."

TJ looks at me dumb folded. "Cyrus you just fainted on me and now you think you're causing me trouble?" Then he laughs, his light contagious laugh.

I push myself up on both hands and limp/walk to the bed, resting my back against the wall I glance back at my screen.

Oh yeah that.

I feel faint again. I guess I looked pale because TJ rushes back over to me. "Are you sure you're okay? You don't look so good Cy, I really think I should take you-"

Pushing back the bile in my throat I sit back up and start turning at the knob of the door. "O-oh yeah.. I'm-Fine, Ijustneed some air." And then I sprint. I don't know where I am going, but I hope my feet take me somewhere far away from here, preferably Mars.

I don't hear TJ's shouts behind me.

___________________

Amber's P.O.V

I jerk awake under the glow of my laptop, I must have fallen asleep again. checking the clock I see that it is only six in the afternoon. I felt really tired lately, but I don't know why. I guess I can't sleep.

Rubbing my eyes I turn back to whatever I was looking at on the screen. Then I see Monika's name appear in my text box. I smile widely.

Amber: Hi!

Monika: Oh Hi Amber :)

Monika: I'm glad you texted me! I have a feeling we have a lot of things to talk about.

She even texts full sentences! Well I mean that's what should happen if she was in a literature club, but I still feel like she was making sure her grammar was good for me.

I like to imagine things often about cute girls.

Amber: So what do you want to talk about then?

Monika: Whatever you like :)

Well that's great. Because I literally have nothing to talk about. If I come up with the wrong thing she'll immediately stop talking to me.

"Andi!" I suddenly say. I don't know why her name was at the tip of my tongue but I go with it anyway. I good friend would help me, Andi is a really good friend.

I pick up my phone and call her number, rubbing my fingers along my pink fluffy phone case coloured like the pride flag.

"Hello? Ambs?" Andi answers.