The Lies I Spit- Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Your POV

I stopped breathing for a second..
The man standing against the door starts to choke. The bearded man looks back at him and tells him to give us some privacy...
As soon as the husky man left he speaks up again,

"You'll have to excuse him, not many people know I'm married"

I was still in disbelief
"I uh.. I, Im married?"

He still carries the relaxed look in his face "Yes."

I'm trying to wrapped my head around it, not one bit of this sounds familiar to me.
"Wow. I'm sorry, I can't say that I remember a thing about our relationship, or you for that matter."

He replies,
"It's ok, don't think too hard about it, you'll give yourself a headache... I'm going to let you rest now, I'll come back tomorrow morning and explain more"

I started to feel bad,
I was married and don't remember my own husband? He must be taking it hard, that probably explains his odd behavior, but why doesn't anyone know he's married? Was I a whore or something embarrassing?

"Oh, ok" I said not knowing what more I could say to him. He gets up and gives me a warm smile before walking out.

Zekes POV

I really am just making this up as I go, I wasn't expecting her not to remember anything. I'm taking this to my advantage. I decided to let her rest for a little to give me time to think on how I want to go about this.

"Thank you doc, I'll be here tomorrow morning."

"Have a good evening Zeke"

Reiner was outside waiting.
"Well I see congratulations are in order"

I reply to his sarcasm while lighting my cigarette,
"Thank you, sorry you weren't invited to my wedding"

Reiner breaks up our little joke
"What the hell are you even doing Zeke, you're taking advantage of that poor gir-"

I cut him off,
"That's not how I see it. I need to keep her close, I can't just let her roam around carelessly, it's dangerous. She doesn't know anything about our world. Telling her we're married is the only way I can keep her in my watchful eye. I don't have any ill intentions"

He doesn't believe me but replies,
"If you say so Chief. Good luck."

We go our separate ways and I went to take care of extra business I had to do. Once I get to my room I realize this may be harder to pull off. My place doesn't exactly look like somewhere a married couple would live.

I could just lie and say we hadn't moved in together yet.. but I still need to keep her close.. I could also just say that her past home isn't safe for her to be in anymore? How will I manipulate this situation?

I note down what I need to buy, mainly things a female would need.

How am I going to get all this without drawing attention to myself? And how will it look if I run into someone I know while buying female clothing and undergarments? I may need help with this.

The next morning I met up with Pieck and made up a somewhat different story.
That I had a secret relationship with (y/n) and we had spontaneously eloped. I continue with the story, on how she had gotten herself into some trouble and was attack, facing a traumatic head injury causing her to lose her memories.

I ask for her help in getting anything (y/n) may need, female clothing, accessories and whatnot. I continue to lie my way through the story hoping she would buy it. Not sure if she ever believes the lies I spit out but she never questions me and just does what I ask of her.

I then make my way the the infirmary feeling confident on what I'm going to tell (y/n). On my way there I stopped by the local bakery to pick up some breakfast, remembering that she had mentioned croissants being her favorite snack back when I first met her.