Training Grounds- Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Your POV

I'm falling in love with him..

A few weeks have gone by and I've been craving physical attention from Zeke. I've been trying to hold back.. we've gone as far as passionate kissing but nothing more. I don't want to be the one to initiate intimacy since it seems Zeke isnt that interested, or maybe he is just being overly respectful towards me? I just wanted him to take charge and dominant me but my pride would never let me tell him how I really felt.

Foolish is what I really feel

As usual, Zeke was gone, he was a busy man so I needed to keep myself busy. I found a private spot where I would go to exercise. I went everyday to improve my strength and I always surprised myself with what I was capable of.

I wore my usual exercise clothes, long, tight beige pants, a white button up shirt tucked in and long combat style boots. Around my waist I had a belt with three round compartments to store my blades. I loved target practice and also practicing hand to hand combat although I never had anyone to practice with, so I would often make up an imaginary opponent.

I climb a random tree using my blades as a support grip and sit down to rest on a branch. As I sit down drinking my water, I see a male walking out from behind some trees, he was panting and had stopped to lean against the tree in front of me to catch his breath. After a few minutes I recognized who he was. It was that young Warrior I met at the Ball. Colt I believe his name was. I wanted to surprise him so I threw one of my blades at his direction, purposely having it land next to his face, impaling the tree he leaned against. He lets out a surprised yelp. I couldn't help by laugh.

"Sorry about that, the rebel in me took over." I chuckled

I make my way down the tree and towards him.

"Oh (y/n). What are you doing here? And throwing blades? You could have killed me." Colt says while pulling my blade out from the tree and handing it back to me.

"Haha sorry, I come here to exercise everyday. Don't worry, I have good aim so I was confident that you wouldn't get hurt. How about you? Who are you running from?"

"I'm not running from anyone, whenever I have the time I enjoy jogging through this hiking trail.. I had no idea you were skilled in combat (y/n)." Colt says amused

"Yea well, I guess I was in the past, I've been training by myself for awhile to regain any skill I may have had, and to keep myself busy when Zeke is away."

"Well keep at it! I'm impressed." Colt says with a friendly smile. "Well I'm off to pick Falco up from his training ... Would you like to come with me? I'm sure Falco and the other kids would like to say hi."

"Really?"

Colt nods with a smile

"Yea sure, thank you!"

Colt and I hitch a ride on a carriage and headed towards the training grounds. We were having a friendly chat about his life, family, likes, etc. I admired how protective he was of his little brother. Colt seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

"I don't think I'm allowed in the training grounds, last time Zeke wasn't too happy I was here." I remembered as we entered the grounds.

"It's ok, as long as you have one of us escorting you. Maybe Zeke was just surprised.... oh, speak of the devil.."

We saw Zeke a few meters away, chatting with a man who looked important.

"That's General Magath, Um.. maybe we should turn back."

"I thought you said it was ok for me to be here with you!" I said in a low panic tone, trying not to draw attention. Colt puts his hand on my back, politely pushing me the opposite direction.

"Grice?" Yells the General from the distance. Colt halts our walking and turns around nervously, as the General and Zeke make their way towards us.

"(Y/n) what are you doing here?" Zeke asks me, with an expression of 'you should know better'

"I-I brought her here, I didn't think it would be a problem, y-you see, Falco and the other kids are fond of her and I brought her here to say hello." Colt explains

"This isn't a place to rendezvous with friends." The General says sternly.

A second after that moment we hear a loud gun shot. Alarming everyone.

"Who shot that? We're nowhere near the shooting range!" Zeke yells

"General!" Colt shouts as the General holds his bloody shoulder.

In a blink of an eye three men approach us. Two had pistols and the other a large machete. The man who fired at the General unexpectedly kicked Zeke, forcing him to back away while he tackles the General from behind, placing the gun to his head. The other two men stood around us, making sure we didn't run.

"What is the meaning of this?" Asks the General, being held my the mans grip.

The man holding the pistol was enraged, going on about how the Eldian Restorationists still live among them and they will refuse to give up.

"...There are hundreds of us living among you, we will not rest. We will overthrow Marley and restore Eldia!!" The man says as the other two men chant him.

"I could kill you very easily right now." Zeke comments, stepping forward.

"As can I" one of the men behind us steps in front of Zeke, pointing a gun to his head. He notices Zeke side eyeing me and me returning a glance. The man quickly takes notices that I mean something of importance to Zeke.

"Or I could kill her first." The man moves towards me, placing his arm tightly around my waist and with his other hand slowly sliding the tip of the pistol from my cheek, down my neck and to my chest, while letting out a disturbing moan. Zeke gave the man a deadly look.

"What will killing the four of us solve?" Colt asks furiously.

"It will be a message to our people.." says the man with the machete. He digs in his jacket pocket and pulls out a case, opening it up to reveal a syringe needle. "We also plan on borrowing the beast."

The man behind the General shoots Zeke in the chest, causing Zeke to fling back and blood to splatter.