A New Memory- Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Your POV

I backed up, stunned by the sudden electric shock.. I held my hands over my lips and in that moment I remembered something...

It was me, but I was a child. I felt scared and alone, in an open field. A man on a horse wearing a green clock approached me.

"A child!? What in the hell are you doing outside the walls? Better yet, how? It's dangerous out here."

And that is about all I remembered...

Zekes POV

A spark flashes between our lips..

I don't understand, how could that have happened. She isn't a titan shifter nor royal blood, how could contact with me cause something like that.. and still, even if she were any of those two thing, it still would not make any sense. Shit, could she have triggered a memory?

I watch (y/n) as shes standing there; pale, looking as if she'd seen a ghost.

"What was that?" She asks

"I'm not sure, do you remember something?"

She looked up at me with her big (e/c) eyes "Yes how did you know?"

"I-I..uh.. well it was just the look on your face." I need to be more cautious with my words.

She told me about the memory she had but it didn't make any sense to me. I need to find out what this memory could have meant. What was she doing outside of the walls? And why was she alone. Something feels off about this situation.

"I'm sorry about that horrible kiss, maybe we could try again?" She asks timidly. I was hesitate at first, worried that it could happen again except the next time, it could be a later memory of her life inside the walls.. But I wasn't opposed by the possibly of helping her regain another childhood memory, it could give me a better start. I wanted to know more.

I gave her a smile, hoping to hide away my true emotions and placed a gentle kiss on her soft lips. Her lips were better than I imagined.. I break away from the kiss for moment, our face still against each other and she goes in one last time to steal another kiss.

"Go get some rest" I whisper to her, holding her face with both my hands.

She says goodnight and heads to the room, before closing the door she looks back at me,

"Zeke.."

"Hm?"

"Thank you, for being patient with me." She smiles and closes the door.

The next morning rolls around and I wake up early as usual. I needed to find Reiner and ask him again on what he knows about (y/n) even if it's something small that he may have left out. I was letting my curiosity get the best of me.

I fold my sheets, placing them along with the pillow on top of the couch like I do every morning. I hear the bedroom door open and to my surprise, it was (y/n). She likes to sleep in so this was a little out of the normal for her.

"Good morning, you're up early." I say, admiring how adorable she was in the morning. She wore an oversized t-shirt and shorts. Finally exposing her bare legs, they were long and flawless, although I can't say the same for her hair, it was all over the place.

"Mmm.. morning, I finally caught you before you leave, where are you going this time?" (Y/n) asks while yawning and scratching her bedhead.

"I have a few things to take care of, I'll be back earlier than usual"

"You always say you have things to take care of but never really tell me what they are.." (y/n) snapped at me.

"...." I've never seen her irritated like that before. I wasn't really sure how to respond so I kinda just stood there staring at her while scratching my ear.. a habit of mine that I never broke out of.

(Y/n) sighs loudly and frowns
"Sorry... I didn't mean to snap at you like that, I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

"It's ok, how about I make it up to you? Let's go out for dinner tonight? Somewhere fancy?"

"Really? It's a date then" (y/n) smiles

I walk over to her and place a kiss on her forehead, making her blush then I head out the door.

I think she's been taking notice of my odd behavior lately. I can only manipulate her for so long. I truly love her which makes it worse.

A few hours after leaving the house I met up with Reiner. We met up in a cafe, sitting at a more private corner table.

"What's on your mind Chief?" Reiner asks stirring the sugar in his coffee.

"I want you to tell me everything you know and remember about (y/n)"

"I've already told you everything I know."

"Tell it to me again"

Reiner seemed a tad annoyed, he took a sip of his coffee, needing any bit of caffeine to help him function.

"Ok, if you want details, the earliest memory I have of her was during my cadet training days. They left her in charge with morning exercises every so often and she would also fill in during first aid training. (Y/n) was easy going, a lot of the cadets liked her, including myself; She was a lot kinder than our other instructors, it was a breath of fresh air."

"Did you speak to her? Did she share anything at all about her past?" I ask intrigued.

"After training she would socialize a bit with the cadets. The only thing I remember her say was that she was an MP before switching into the Survey Corps. She was skilled in hand to hand combat so the Military Police used that to their advantage when it came to interrogations, and other private side mission. She mentioned the regret in picking regiments, that she wanted to know more about the outside world. She also worked closely with Erwin Smith."

"Erwin Smith.. the Commander right? Tell me about him"

"Commander Erwin was intelligent and a stern man. He was the first person to figure out that there was a spy in the Survey Corps. He always held an expressionless look on his face. I think he may have had an influence in (y/n) switching over to the Survey Corps. She spoke very highly of him."

"I see, so he's one to be cautious about."

"Well.. I think you killed him during the battle of Wall Maria"

"Hm did I?" I rub my beard and try to think back. I've killed hundreds of people in my life and I don't tend to look back at it. He was probably one of the first people during that suicide charge. "Well then, I could see now why she hated me."

Reiner raises an eyebrow at me. I can tell he's always thought of me as a strange person.

That was all the details he could remember about her, nothing really that could help me, although the admiration she had for this Commander bothered me a little more than it should.