Charming- Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Your POV

I managed to get some rest hoping that when I woke up my memories would come back to me but I was disappointed.

The doctor gave me some freedom to move around the infirmary and I insisted on helping him out, it brought me to a happy place, I felt comfortable. Im not sure if I'd even call it an infirmary, it was pretty much a house and there were only 4 rooms. One in which the doctor had his office and bed; The other three were for patients. There was only me and one other patient. I bonded with the doctor and his two employees. I'm not sure if I'd call them nurses. They couldn't be more than 13 years old.

It was almost noon and the doctor kept insisting I lay down for a bit and give my body some rest. I joked about how I was practically sleeping beauty for 3 weeks but I agreed. I was feeling a little fatigued because my body wasn't use to staying up for that long. A few moments later I hear a knock and someone comes in. It was the bearded man, or my husband I suppose..

"Morning! Or um, afternoon. I guess I'm a little late, sorry" he says.

"No worries" I reply as I sit myself on the bed. He sits at the other end of the bed.

"I brought you breakfast or lunch, whatever you want to call it" he smiles as he hands me a bag that was filled with different types of bread. I thanked him and dug in. He also began to eat his breakfast. I start the conversation in the middle of our silent meal..

"So, um.. what happened to me?"

He cleans his mouth with a napkin before speaking,
"Well long story short..." he began to explain how he went looking for me and found that I had been attacked so he brought me here. He then proceeded to tell me about our relationship and I cut him off,

"So we kept our relationship a secret because you're not allowed to be in one? If that's so, then why did we end up getting married?"

"Well it's not that I'm not allowed, it's just frowned upon. I guess we got caught up in the romance one night and decided to say screw it." He explains his involvement in the military and more about being a titan shifter and his responsibilities.

"...So then, you have only a few more years to live before giving your titan powers to the next person? And get.. eaten?" I ask in disbelief

"That's correct" He replies. For some reason I felt a little disappointed, I feel like I just met him even though we had this supposed relationship but the thought of what he explain to me disturbed my head.

"I must have really loved you then, since I agreed to marry you knowing all this" he tried to break the seriousness of the conversation

"Yes, you were obsessed with me"

I look at his cheeky face "Did I find your sense of humor charming?"

He grins "Yes you did" winking at me.

-

Zekes POV

I went everyday this week to visit (y/n) in the infirmary. Wanting her to get to know me and feel comfortable. I can't help but feel guilty, I mean, I am lying to her about the situation but the spark we had is coming back, well you know, before she knew who I was and tried to kill me.

Pieck brought over what I asked of her and I bought an extra rack for (y/n) new clothes. I shopped around thrift stores and bought her a vanity because she seems like a high maintenance type woman since she was so well groomed when I first met her and I found the closest thing I could to the lavender perfume she wore.
Let's hope all this is enough.

After a whole week she was finally released and I went to pick her up. I brought her one of the dresses Pieck got for her to change into. The dress suited her and it fit her perfectly. She walks around the room wiggling her feet

"Why are my shoes big?"

Shoot I never got her proper foot size, she must have small feet.

"Maybe your feet shrunk?"

She rolls her eyes but still looks confused about her big shoes. I try to distract her from it.

"So I have a carriage waiting outside to take us home" she chatted with the doctor before leaving and the first thing she did when she saw the carriage was pet the horses. We sit across from each other and she looks outside the carriage window in awe. Her beautiful (e/c) eyes are taking everything in, her mouth is slightly open and the breeze is blowing away at her (h/c) hair. I tried to not make it obvious that I was admiring her.

I noticed she was holding her hands trying to keep them warm. "Are you cold?"

She answers not taking her eyes away from the carriage window "Yes a little"

I take off my coat and place it on her, it practically takes up her whole body. She thanked me but still couldn't take her eyes away from the busy streets and buildings.

"Anything look familiar?" I ask clearly knowing the answer.

"I wish it did."