Perfect Moment

Hey guys!

Enjoy this chapter! XXXX

Let me know your thoughts in the comments I love reading them! <3

-
Nancy's POV

"MIKE LETS GOO!", I yell, turning down the radio in my car. "We're going to be late!"

"I'm coming." I hear a deep voice yell out in response.

I turn around to see Mike jogging towards the car caring a suitcase in one hand and two bags in the other. He runs up to the vehicle quickly, to avoid dropping everything on his way. He tosses his luggage into the backseat.

"Ready?" I ask him with annoyance in my voice due to how long he is taking.

He starts to nod but then freezes as his eyes scan the bags he just placed in the car.

"SHIT I forgot the flowers inside!", he says panicked. "I'll be right back!"

"MIKE SERIOUSLY!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up in the air.  

"ONE SECOND, OKAY!" he yells at me as he runs back in the house.

I roll my eyes and lay my head against the steering wheel.
Mike has been all over the place the last couple of days. However, I can understand why. Sure he's excited to see his best friend Will again, but he hasn't seen El in forever, and he wants to make the moment perfect for her. It's pretty cute to watch. He's totally head over heels for this girl, and he even admitted it to everyone that he loved her back in July.

Which reminds me, I don't even know what they are, since last time Max said that she "dumped his ass". Who knows..., young love is so confusing.

A few seconds later, I see mike running up with a bouquet of red and pink roses, gasping as he opens the car door next to me and sits down, catching his breath.

He looks at me, still trying to catch his breath. He furrows his eyebrows. "What are you waiting for, let's go!".

I roll my eyes and laugh to myself. Now that Mike's ready, he wants to leave as soon as possible. However, I dont bring it up since there's no reason to start fighting with him as we still have a long drive to the airport ahead of us.

I start the car as Mike turns up the music beside me, starting to settle in.

The first 30 minutes of the drive were pretty quiet. I was getting a little anxious as well as excited, thinking about when I get to see Jonathan. We haven't seen each other in a while now, we still talk on the phone from time to time, but it's different. School is so weird without him, and I feel as if there's a part of me missing without him around me. However, these last few months, I've been hanging out with Steve and Robin a lot since I decided to take a gap year before college. It was a hard decision to make, but I needed it due to all the shit that has happened to my friends and me the past few years. I need a break to clear my mind and find myself before entering a new chapter in my life.

-

"So..", I start, getting bored of the silence between us. We haven't talked in a while, and I feel that this trip to see the people we love is the perfect opportunity to fill in on each other lives.

He looks up at me, waiting for me to continue.

"You excited to see El?", I ask him as I turn to look at him, smiling with my eyebrows raised.