I'm Thankful For

Heyy! Im back!

Hope you enjoy, please let me know your thoughts in the comments.

OK bye!

---{Mike's POV}----

Eleven and I decided to leave soon after I gave her the surprise so that we could get home on time. This date with her has been so fun, and I feel as if I have met a new side of El today, a vulnerable, but also a more confident side. She is starting to become her own person and flourishing into a beautiful teenage girl, my girl. Its a new side of her, a more mature team, and it makes me love her even more if that's even possible.

-

We run through the door seeing Joyce and Jonathan setting the table and Nancy lighting the candles placed in the center of the table.

"Ok good, you guys are back!", Joyce calls out from the table.

I see Jonathan look up, in the middle of placing a silver fork on the table, grinning at El and me.

"How was it", he asks, raising his eyebrows swiftly. I roll my eyes, sensing a light blush emerging on my face.

"It was great", El announces happily as she reaches for my hand.

"I'm gonna go freshen up before dinner", she says, turning towards me, and kissing me softly on the lips. She freezes as she pulls back, tensing, noticing that she had forgotten about everyone in the room.

Despite that, she seems to shake it off, giving me a final smile as she walks away towards her room.

"OOOOOhhhhhhLALA!" Jonathan whispers mockingly while Joyce and Nancy smile at each other mischievously.

I look down at the ground, trying to force my face to cool down.

"We are just messing with you, buddy", Joyce tells me laughingly. "Hey, could you do me a favor and check on Will, tell him dinner starts soon.

I smile at her in response, partly due to her breaking that uncomfortable moment.

I start down the hallway, Will's soon- to- be the room is only a few doors down from Els.

"Hey Will it's Mike", I vocalize, turning the doorknob and starting to push open the door.

Behind the door, is a bed, on which Will is sitting on, palms covering his face.

"Hey, Will you okay", I ask concerned by how I see him.

He looks up at me; his eyes red and puffy, tears streaming down both sides of his face.

My eyes go wide as I walk towards him, shutting the door behind me.

"Will what's wrong?" I begin, sitting down next to him on the bed.

"It- its", Will tries to speak but struggles to enunciate his words over the many tears. "It's me, w-what wrong with me, Mike?!"

"What are you talking about?" I question him, having no idea what he could mean by this.

He takes a tremulous breath in, trying to collect himself to be capable of answering. "A few days ago, I meet this guy named Andrew. "We've really hit it off and had a lot of fun together."

He breathes in chocking on his words. "B- but now Andrew dad doesnt want me to hang out with him", Will lays his head into his hands, his whole body shaking.

"Whys that", I ask.

"He... he thinks I'm gay".

"Who cares what that Jackass thinks about you! He doesnt know who you are", I blurt out angrily.