Christmas Bliss

Hey!
This is the last part:((
Enjoy <3

{El's POV}

Max's grip is still firm on my arm as I watch Mike walk into the kitchen, carrying something behind his back. Max smiles as she releases me from her hold, the rest of the boys in the room smile cheekily and go silent as Mike pulls out a banner from behind him.

My eyes go wide with surprise and confusion at the same time as I read what is written in significant writing on the banner. "El, will you go to the snowball with me?"

I distinctly remember talking with Mike about how they were going to the snowball and how he said it wouldn't be the same without me. It did leave me pretty upset, not being able to make it; however, Will and I turned it into our fun night by going out to eat ice cream, even in the cold December weather; we loved every minute of it.

"But t-the Snowball was a few weeks ago??"

Max smiles as she walks towards me. "Yes, however, it wasn't the same without you guys." She darts a mischievous glance over towards Mike. "And thanks to your boyfriend's romantic ways... we thought we would just recreate it for you!"

"Shut it. Max" Mike growls as his face turns a fair shade of pink causing the rest of the kids to chuckle in the background.

"Just follow me," Mike says as he reaches out for my hand. He leads me to the backyard, which Max didn't let me look out on earlier.

My eyes go wide as I observe my surroundings. "Wow"

Mikes garden is covered in white fairy lights, which perfectly complement the setting sun and the leftover snow. There are tables with food and drinks which Mrs Wheeler and Joyce are still setting up. Meanwhile, Murray is turning a few heart lamps that line the floor of the garden. He curses to himself as he almost trips over them, causing Joyce to chuckle.

Lights are hanging from the giant oak tree which stands in the Wheelers backyard. And in the middle in a DJ Booth in which Jonathan is standing.

We turn away from the set up as Mike looks at me nervously.

"D-do you like it?" Mike asks apprehensively scratching the back of his neck while his other hand holds onto the self-made banner.

{Mike's POV}

Her eyes are wide as she further observes her surroundings, until she turns to me, a broad smile spreading on her face"Like it?! I love it!"

She pulls me into a close embrace.

"Thank you, Mike" She muffles into my shoulder. "This is so very special."

"Your welcome" I start to answer. "However, you didn't answer my question.

We pull apart from our embrace, as confusion replaces the massive grin that was on her face. I hold the banner up infront of me once again and give her a sort of puppy eyes.

Her face relaxes once again, as she places a finger against her finger. As if contemplating whether or not to accept my request.

However, seconds later, she smiles cheekily as she jumps into my arms, catching me off guard as I almost fall backwards.

We both giggle.

She kisses me softly before finally answering. "Of course, Mike."

-

{El's POV}

"I dont know Max, I feel weird,"  I say as I pat down the fluffy blue dress that is close to consuming me due to its size. Max had gotten dresses for the dance, and we are currently in the dilemma of choosing one. Nancy had already done my make up in a very simplistic yet elegant way, topping the simple look off with some red lip gloss. She also managed to make my hair fall in charming waves. Im in awe of how much effort my friends but into this to make this night fun, however picking the dress has become harder than expected. I've already tried on about four dresses, and we still haven't found one that truly suits me. So here we are, Suzie Max and I, in Nancy's room with many dresses lying all over the floor.