Ready

Heyy yall! I'm back!

I won't say anymore enjoy the chapter and please comment I love reading them all they are seriously hilarious.

Ok, bye!

---(Jonathan's POV)----

I run through the front door, panting looking up at the clock.

"Shit!" I think to myself. "Only two hours before Nancy and Mike get here."

I just got back from setting up Nancy's surprise, and I really hope she likes it. I've been waking up around six every morning on Wednesday's to get in the darkroom. All for this surprise. I hope this shows to her how much I genuinely care about her.

I run to my dresser, looking into my mirror, threading my tie around my neck and brushing down my jacket. After a few seconds of touch-ups, I look at myself in the mirror one last time and take a deep breath in, smiling at the thought of today.

Walking into the kitchen, I see the dining room table already decked out in thanksgiving decorations — the table, covered with a thin silk table cloth and our fanciest silver wear and plates. In the middle of the table is a vase holding a bouquet of fiery red and yellow sunflowers with little pumpkins surrounding it, creating a line down the middle of the table.

I smile looking at Mom who is standing by the stove, stirring two large pots. "It looks, great Mom."

"Thanks, honey.", she says sincerely. "Hey, could you go check on your sister to see if she's getting ready?"

"Sure", I reply heading towards the hallway.

"Oh, and sweetie!", she yells after me making me stop and turn around to face her. "You look very handsome."

"Thanks, mom", I mumble shyly, smiling at the ground.

-

I knock on Els door before turning the handle down and opening it due to not getting a response.

"El?" I ask looking for here around the room. I spot her standing in the mirror with a maroon-colored long sleeve dress.

"Oh hi", she replies shakily, clearly startled by my entrance.

"Mom just wanted to know if you were getting ready yet."

"Oh yeah I am", she replies, looking down at the ground still facing the mirror.

"You okay?" I ask her as I noticed that her smile seemed pretty forced.

She looks up at me, her smile fading.

"I..", she starts. I close the door behind me as I walk up towards her. "..I'm just scared."

"What are you scared about?" I ask, confused, feeling bad for my sister.

She turns to me, noticing her wobbling lip and tear-filled eyes. " I dont know... but what if I'm not pretty enough."

"What if he doesnt love me like he used too anymore", she chokes out, trying to stop tears from falling, but failing.

"Oh El", I say in a calm tone, crouching down to be on her eye level, placing my hands on both of her shoulders.

"He thinks your beautiful just the way you are and Mike still loves you the same as he used to."

She looks at me tears streaming down her face. "You think so?" she weeps.

"Yeah", I reply, rubbing her shoulder with my hand. "And, due to you guys being far apart, he probably loves you even more than he used to."