Spin

Hey guys!!

I hope you enjoy this chapter. Please let me know what you think in the comments, I love reading them. (ITS MY BDAY SO PLS VOTE AND FOLLOW ME TO MAKE ME HAPPY THANKS)

Okay, enjoy bye!! xxx

-

Twenty minutes later the bell, announcing that break is over, rings. Valerie embraces me in a short goodbye hug as she heads off to her next class, which is a few minutes away due to the school's massive size.

I walk back down the hallway, kids nudging me on either side of me.

I hate being alone in school. I always try to keep Will by my side the whole time or now, Valerie.  Seeing endless faces pass me, still afraid of them coming up to me, seeing my weakness and targeting me for it.

Alone, I feel unsafe and exposed, my powers used to protect and shield me from all the terrible things in life. However, now they're gone, and I feel powerless and empty inside without them. I used to be tough, strong, and brave, and now when some stupid kid comes up to me, I fall apart and crumble down to the floor.

I see a hand, belonging to Will, wave towards me, I smile as I see Mike and him emerge from within the crowd of bustling people. I look over at Mike, his eyes going soft as they meet mine. We run up to each other, sharing a tight hug.

"I know it sounds stupid," he mumbles into my hair. "But I missed you."

I smile to myself.

"I missed you too," I mumble against his sweater.

"You guys were apart for like twenty minutes," Will moans, looking down at his Watch.

We laugh, releasing each other from our hug.

"So guys..", I begin as we head down the hallway to our next class, which we have all together. "Valerie invited us to go with her to a house party tonight."

Will eyes go wide, a smile growing simultaneously on his face. "Oh yes, that would be so much fun! Could Andrew come too?"

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as I look directly at Will. "Who's Andrew?"

His face turns a deep shade of red, as he stares down onto the floor. "Oh, no one.."

Will darts ahead of us, as if trying to escape my questioning.

I look over at Mike who's still walking next to me, worry plastered over his face.

"Are you sure, El?", he whispers to me. "I've never been to one, but from what Nancy has told me, House parties can get pretty, crazy."

I shrug my shoulders carelessly. "Oh come on, it's your last night here so we might as well have some fun."

"Besides," I begin playfully as I grab onto his arm. "I wanna show my boyfriend off."

He grins cheekily, looking over at me and I smile back in return. I hook my arm into his, locking myself close to him.

It was true; sure I was saying it to convince him that it would be fine for us to go. But I really, want to have him as mine and let that be known. I want to be like all the other teenage girls with their boyfriends, even if it is for just one night.

Just thinking about the fact that he leaves tomorrow makes my whole body tremble, I'm not sure how I am going to act, but I'm pretty sure I'll lose it. He makes me feel powerful and fully protected as I once did.

Nevertheless , I need to enjoy the little time we do have and make every moment count.

Suddenly, it clicks in my head; I begin to walk faster, dragging Mike with me.