15

Thomas was currently filming the first-ever video of Cartoon therapy and all the sides were huddled in the commons watching. Logan was paying attention to every little detail with wide eyes and a slight blush. Somehow someway Thomas has gotten Logan's idea. Sure this was a full-fleshed out character where Logan's was just simple bullets of what he thought his and Morality child would be, but... He couldn't understand how Thomas got it. Roman was adamant that he never gave Thomas an idea and when Logan confronted him about his missing notebook Roman was thoroughly confused. It didn't help that shortly after he found his notebook under his bed.

"SHHH!" Remus barreled in from the kitchen jumping over the couch and everyone startling literally the whole room as he sat cross-legged on the floor. "You guys are so loud!"

"No one was talking!" Roman countered as Remus laughed never taking his eyes off the screen.

"You are now!" Remus laughed as he scooted closer to the tv. 'Corbin was going off about throwing money in a trash can' making Remus laugh even more. "That is so Mr. Krabs."

"Alright, ok... Settle down Mr. Krabs." Thomas joked through the tv making everyone freeze up but Remus, who giggled a bit as they went on with the video. The darker side watched the screen making comments every once in a while as the others stared at him.

"Ooh ooh... Hey Thomas. You should totally bring up Pearl's identity crap. I mean come on! They are so Sardonyx!"  Thomas's face fell a bit before he turned to Joan about a possible rewrite to the script and once again every tensed up. It was clear Remus had more of an input than anything. "ADD MORE PUNS! Come on is this Emile or is this Logan. Let's go..."

"Remus?" The side in question turned a bit looking back to see everyone staring at him and he frowned. "What are you..."

"Do you think we should add more jokes, Joan? I'm thinking maybe there should be." Thomas's voice rang through the screen making Remus smile some more. Deceit had been watching everything intently with a small smile on his lips. Emile was Remus's creation. The little serpent couldn't have been happier for him, even if the others failed to see it.

"SHHH... I'm trying to watch!" They all stayed absolutely silent as Thomas recorded. Obviously, they didn't do it all in a day. So when they were done with that days reconding session, Remus let out a loud and content sigh. "That was actually kinda cool. To child safe for my taste but still..." He jumped up with a beaming smile as he spun around pointing at Roman. "Good job on the character Roman. I wouldn't be surprised if a new side showed up because of it." Logan's eyes widened in shock as Remus's eye met his for only a few seconds.

"B-But I-I didn't..." Remus just waved him off.

"Oh, stop being so damn modest. Only creativity could come up with something like that. Cartoon therapy, HA! More like Logality's child!" He said too much. He quickly covered his mouth glancing over at Logan who was glaring at him with a knowing look. In his attempt to push everything on Roman he let made a mistake. He never really was one for this sort of thing. He giggled maniacally trying to hide his little slip-up. "We all know the kind of thoughts that I would have brought to the table. All of which were i-ignored b-by the way." Deceit narrowed his eyes at the man before shaking his head and getting up.

"Remus, can we talk please?" He didn't bother waiting for an answer. The child took Remus's hand and started walking off leaving everyone standing there in mixed emotions. Logan was the only one that had managed to catch on. He was going to have to talk to Remus after this. Especially if he was right about a possible new side. What got him the most was, why?

Why would Remus go this far as to go against his primary design to give Thomas such an idea? An idea about a very... Patton-esk type of character. He's moral by design... that... that is the opposite of what Remus is supposed to stand for. 

Plus knowing Remus's stance on being honest, the fact that he flat out lied to Logan about his notebook had to mean something. It was all a bit odd. The way Remus was with Child Deceit... The way his violent episodes usually occur... And now this with Emile, it was all pointing to one question. A question Logan needed an answer for and fast.

Just what kind of person is Remus?

That very man was currently sitting on his bed looking over at a very stern looking 6-year-old. Deceit was very proud of his friend. However, there was still a problem. Remus's refusal to take credit. Remus was half of Thomas's creativity and just like Roman is able to think up some pretty... mature themes, Remus is able to think up childish themes. It's just not where there main 'wheelhouse' derives. Deceit was worried. Remus has grown up and is clearly different than how he remembers him but... his action not so much. He just recently had an episode and now he's refusing credit... something is going on in his head.

"Ray, what's up?" Remus just smiled wider as he patted the bed beside him. Deceit sat down but he wasn't giving up. "Ray?"

"It's nothing, little dude. I'm righty tightly like an erect..." He froze up for a moment looking away without losing the smile, even though it didn't reach his eyes. "...statue."

"Ray, I..." The snake was cut off by his own stomach betraying him as the sound of it growling filled the space. Remus just laughed as he ruffled his black hair.

"Worry not, Dee. I, Duke, shall make thee some food. TO THE KITCHEN!"