Chapter 10

ALEXIA

Dad is alive!

But Glassman is keeping him hostage.

And Philip!

He knew all this time that our Father was spared as well as Philip's brother, yet he let us walk in the dark with pain in our hearts, blinded by rage. I can't help but to feel a bit of betrayal within me.

All this time... Axelia and I aren't a complete orphan, our Dad lives, and he's here, behind these bars.

I lift my gaze to see the man inside the second cell. He looks at me with a small pride but his gaze fell upon realizing the reason I'm here, they were locked up and tortured because they keep on resisting Glassman's offer. They've suffered for years in order for the officials not to achieve more power and technology. But here I am working with the officials willingly. I swear that I'm going to find a way to speak to them during Glassman's absence.

"So since you already know them, I think you already came up with a conclusion that you will be keeping them on check every day, give them meals....and! Make sure they'll have enough dose of daily torture."

Oh, Glassman,, if I ever wanna jump from your ego to your intelligence, I'll be committing a suicide. I think.

"Okay sir." I nod, "I'll have it noted."

"Good! Now, I wanna give you the rest of the day." he starts to walk out the dungeon leading us back to his main office through a small elevator, "Take time to adjust, you're free to head home for today."

"What about the office works sir?" I ask, but I don't really care about it, just to make him believe that I care for my job.

"Oh you can do that tomorrow but for now you go home." he say as he put his hands on my shoulder facing me to him, "Remember, the eyes may not see but the ears can hear, and oh! I'm still wondering why you're wearing an earpiece."

I froze for a moment, trying to think quickly what to say. Glassman gives me a questioning look as he turns his back on me, walking to his desk. He silently takes a seat still keeping an eye at me, waiting for me to answer.

'For the love of technology, haven't you heard about a wireless mp3 connection? Use your brain and reason out! Do not stand there like a complete idiot!' Axelia's voice rings in my ears, signifying that the signal is back again.

"Uh... This is a wireless mp3 connector.", my voice comes out a bit shaky, "I uhh... forget to remove it sir."

He smiles and say, "You shall not forget anything Xiandra, I just hope you're not spying on me."

"Of course not Sir." I say, "I know going against you will be the death of me."

And from here I swear I saw his ego inflates, "Well, I'm glad you know. Don't forget to remove any of your gadgets inside my lab next time."

I know I shouldn't, and I didn't. The only thing that I'll be forgetting is to give mercy to the officials by the moment we end your time. I don't know if luck is on our side but this early dismissal will help a lot. Axe, and I had a lot to discuss and I need to confront Philip about this.

And like on queue, the door in his office swings open, as the guards march inside. Greg was the one to lead them, he looks at me for a brief moment then look away, staring at nowhere as he keeps his composure standing formally in line with the other guards. I know he still thinks I hate him but, that wasn't me. Dropping my gaze to the floor I keep quiet waiting for Glassman to say something.

"Xiandra." he calls, "I suppose you already know the way out?"

"Yes sir." I gather my things as I look at him once again saying, "Thank you."

When I'm near the door Glassman reminds me, "Don't forget to report tomorrow morning."

"I won't sir. Have a nice day." I say completely exiting his office.

On my way out I saw a pair of cyborgs cleaning the house peacefully doing their works without missing any spot. I just wish people can be that thorough in cleaning.

I just shake my head and decided to find my way out, remembering the way to the main exit of the house, keeping an eye open for people I might encounter or to see anything suspicious. It didn't take me long to find the exit. I exhale heavily when the door finally open revealing my car waiting outside. The window of the driver's seat slides down, I automatically tense up upon seeing Alex inside my car, looking around to check any prying eyes.

"What the hell?" I ask her after I check the surroundings. "I thought I told you not to do, anything that's not in the plan? "

"Oh jeez sister, calm your tits down." She mocked my line last night, fanning her front of her face as she lazily lean back on the back rest of the seat. "So rest of the day off huh?"

"And I thank Glassman for that. We've got a lot of discuss." hardly stopping myself to blurt out that dad is alive, "Now get out of my seat."

Do as she's told she quickly transfers to the passenger seat, sensing my mood. She knew something is wrong. I hurriedly get inside and activated the car. I glance at her for a moment then I continue in pressing the pass code.

"Hanna." I call the artificial intelligence encrypted in my car.

It loads for a moment recognizing the voice then it answers, "Yes Alexia? What can I help you?"

"Please drive us home." I demand.

"Pleasures all mine." it quickly response, "Please fasten your safety belts. Thank you."

The drive home is quite. I'm just sitting on the driver's seat holding the steering wheel tightly keeping my thoughts on check. There's a lot of questions running in my head right now and I don't even know where to start. Axelia's hand pulls me from my deep thoughts, I look at her and give her a tight smile.

"Whatever's bothering you, I know we can walk past through it together. I'm always here for you." she say her tone is calm and soft.

"I know. Thank you, Axe."