Chapter 19

AXELIA

"BUT WHERE'S THAT HOLE LOCATED? " Ray, one of the people who are assigned to assemble weapons speak up in the crowd.

"You're doubting the story, do you?" Going down from the stage I face him.

"No, I'm not doubting any of it, ever since you take us in we owe you our lives." he reply shaking his head.

"So why did you ask? Does it matter where the hole is? " I answer, "If you wanna see it for yourself to believe, you will and that's why I'm calling this meeting."

The crowd murmurs again, but I stomp my feet to the platform creating a loud thud to silence them. They all bow their heads seeing my serious expression. These people are getting too comfortable with us that they don't respect us anymore.

"Axe be calm." Alexia whispers, "We are not like them, don't treat them as your slaves we are all equal in here."

"They are getting disrespectful Alex."

She shakes her head in disagreement, "Only because they don't know what's happening, they're curious and scared for their safety."

I just nod and take a deep breath, Leyla then step out from the crowd giving us her motherly smile. "You can discuss this matter after we dismiss you, for the mean time please show some respect and manners. Stop whispering to each other." she speaks up beside Philip.

"You can continue now Axe." Philip say softly as he also smiles at me.

"The president and his vice are now creating a new city similar to what we have. The difference is they're going to take the children only. No adults, no parents to watch over them. Tomorrow they will start to search all the children in the city, ages fourteen and below. I'm sure people who try and stop them dies on the spot."

"Our kids are safe in here right? " A woman wearing a lab gown say, I bet she's from the medical laboratory.

"They are." I look at her, "But we aren't selfish, just imagine your kids being taken away from you, just to leave in a city that is being led by the monsters. Will you let those kids grow up in a city where they thought they're safe when they're not? If we can do something to save them, then why won't we try?"

"She's right, the Kerrods saved us, and we are very grateful for them. Now it's time for us to do the same for the innocent kids." Linda agrees.

"But we aren't soldiers!" Tom retorts, "We aren't prepared for war."

"I figured as much that all of you can't fight, especially the women with kids, and those who in the age where they aren't capable to do more actions anymore. So, I'm asking those who are willing to volunteer to stand in front."

Much to my disappointment only eight men and three women move forward, most of them came from the weaponry section. I look back to Alexia and sigh. They won't be enough, we can't do this.

Telling her sadly as I sigh, "We can't win, not with this number."

"So, we're going to give up and let that happen to those poor kids?" She asks pacing back and forth in front of me.

Shaking my head, I close my eyes and exhale. "We need more people, we need allies to conquer this mission. The question is where can we find more people? When all of them in this city praise those overweening idiots like patrons."

"I know someone who can help us, give me the service phone." Alexia hold her hand out.

Furrowing my brows at her, I take a step back. "Who exactly?"

"I'll explain later, come on Axe."

"No. Tell me now Alex, we don't have enough time for surprises and bullshits."

"Fine!" throwing her hands up as she go back to her seat running her hands through her hair in exhaustion, "It's Greg, I'm going to call Greg."

"Have you gone nuts?!" I walk towards her, "I didn't know Glassman's stupidity is contagious."

"I'm serious Axe!" she snaps back.

"Like hell you are!" I retort throwing my hands up in exhaustion, "You wanna kill us?!" pointing at those people who are looking at us.

"No! Just, just... god dammit! Trust me okay?!" lowering her voice together with temper, as she puts her palms to her face.

"This is not a fracking' fairy tale Alex! You're not going to call your boyfriend and make him act like a knight in shining armor, this is war. Not a love story! We need allies not traitors in this mission! "

She removes her hands away from her face then rolls her eyes at me and huffs, "Just trust me on this, he's not going to turn his back against us and I'll make sure of that, if he ever fucks up you're free to shoot me in the head." she looks at me seriously though I don't know if I should.

Still having hesistations I nod my head, "Fine... But I'm gonna keep my eyes on him every fucking time Alex."

Giving her our service phone intended for our work at Glassman's. I shot her a look to warn her, but she just winks at me and left the room. I felt like there's something odd about this, I have every reason to doubt him though after all Greg is still one of Glassman's pawns. So why is Alexia so confident about him not to jeopardize the whole plan? If the reason is she trust him then she's trusting too much to let our people be at stake.

Realizing that there's still a lot of this to be discussed in order to lay out an organized plan. I dismiss the people inside the room and told them to get back to work, most especially the weaponry section, we'll going to need loads of guns and bombs. Leyla, Edmund, Philip and Linda were the last to go out the room, while Nicoli choose to be left behind. Seeing him walking towards me through my peripheral vision I stay in my seat looking to nowhere.

"Hey." he say softly putting his hands on my shoulders.

I hold his hands and squeeze it gently, "Hey." I whisper back.

"Looks like it's a tiring day for you, huh?" He chuckles resting his chin on the top of my head.

I smile, "It is."

"Wanna have some coffee?" He offered as he walks in front of me, "I just invented something, I want you to be my first audience."

"Really? What is it?"

"You have to come and see for yourself." he smirks and drags me up "Let's go, don't be such a spoil sport."

"Fine! but, only one cup."

"Then one cup it is." he winks at me.

Walking hand in hand to the lab, Nicoli keeps looking at me every now and then giving me an assuring smile. I know he's trying to cheer me up, and it's working, he really knows how to touch my heart. In this world full of artificial, Nicoli is one who gave me the genuine thing I know, his love.