Chapter 25

ALEXIA

"The good news is the opening of the second city has been delayed due to the Glassman's incident, but that's also the reason why they doubled the urgency in gathering the kids that they need to inhabit the next city."  Greg inform us as soon as he entered the house, "They took them by force telling the parents that if they won't they'll be thrown outside to the unknown. Of course, they have to surrender the kids in exchange for the life they love. People in here are scared outside when the truth is the people inside are more dangerous."

"What about your men? Didn't Glassman find out the inside job we did?" I ask quickly making my way upstairs as Greg follows.

Greg sighs, "He did suspect a bit but Maggie helped she's too scared of us to talk, she said the cyborgs had a wide malfunction and that Xavier and Peter as well as Delia took it as a chance to escape. Luckily Nicoli had all the surveillance footage deleted in no time so there's no other option for them but to blame the technological malfunction in the mansion. They're still in a wide search right now for your Dad, Peter and Delia, one of the reasons why I can't stay any longer. How's Dindy doing? " He ask as we reach the library.

I pause and lean to the wall, pursing my lips as I place both my hands to my back pockets , shifting my weight to one of my legs. "Are you sure there's no more AB negative in your men? We still have to give her a blood transfusion to flush the remaining viruses, the poor girl is still on coma."

He shakes his head, "I can't test them in Glassman's and I can't bring them in here, it'll raise more suspicions. I found a few but none of them are liable to give blood, got too much inks in their skins, it's not advisable. How many bags do you need?"

Nodding I turn my back at him and turns the door knob open, "A couple of it, she's not totally stable yet we need it as soon as possible or we'll lose her." I continue, switching on the lights in the room.

"I'll find a way, for now make sure everyone is inside the mansion we need to be extra careful. Are you sure they can't trace you here?"

"Affirmative, the energy and electrical source in here is from the real sun. We manage to build an invisible solar panel outside the wall, the cables and wires underground. Heat signature detectors can't go beyond the glass walls we build they'll still see and enter an abandoned place if they come here." I take a seat in my swivel chair, "If any things those machine won't recognize our technology, they can scan it but they will fail in determining what it is but, as much as we can we can't let them go near the mansion."

Greg nods and takes a seat, "Fair enough. So what's your plan now?"

"I'm still consulting Axelia, she hasn't fully recovered yet." clasping my hands together as I rest my chin above them, "The replica of Glassman's pawns are ready downstairs, as well as the weapons and the people. But we can't act without her."

"I understand, but we don't have much time Alex." Greg reaches out for my hand and I gladly took his. "We only have 48 hours to prevent the second city to open."

Nodding at him, I close my eyes and free my hands from his. Standing up walking towards the window as I look out saying, "I am well aware of that Greg, but this is our battle."

There was a commotion outside before door in the library was harsly opened, grabbing the gun under the table for defense as Greg follows my action. But when I saw the person standing in from of me I can't help but to look back to Greg with a questioning look but he shakes his head to tell me it wasn't him... Then who? Who among our people just betrayed us? Why is he here?

"Very well, so this is the lair of my snake people hmmm...." Hans Edwards roam his eyes around before darting his eyes on me. "Gregory Cooper, Arnold Glassman's favorite pet is actually the one who has the nerve to betray him."