Chapter 24

AXELIA

We went slowly down the rope feeling the same nervousness. I was the last to land in the pebbled ground. We manage to take Delia with us, she was wrapped in a white thick blanket to keep her warm while Alexia keeps looking around for Philip. The man who dropped first earlier appears from nowhere putting his index finger to his lips to keep us quite, then motions for us to follow him.

Walking down the dark and bumpy ground, we've been five meters away the mansion, but we can still hear the firing of guns, and some loud bangs happening inside. Looking up to my sister I know she's really worried about Greg and fear that our father might not make it out with us. I hold her shoulder then softly squeeze it, when she looks at me I gave her a tight smile to tell her it's going to be alright.

That man halts then seriously looks at us, "I won't be coming with you anymore, go straight down this path you'll see a wired fence look to your left and you'll see Philip behind the bush, and please do be reminded to stay down and refrain from using any light on your way there, you only have five minutes left to completely go outside the premises." the man instructed then he run away firing off his gun, I know he's covering up for us.

Taking a deep breath and calming myself, I need to keep my shits together. Swallowing a large lump in my throat I should stay strong for us now. Grabbing Alexia and Delia's hand we slowly walk to the road uncertain of where we are heading to, remembering what the man said Earlier, I just keep in track, we stop walking upon seeing the wired fence a couple of meters away. I motion them to stay still and walk a few steps forward.

"Philip! Philip! " I whisper loudly. "Philip we're here. Where are you? Philip? "

Looking around the unfamiliar place, I try my best to see through the darkness but I see none. I was about to take another step forward when a light pass through where we are.

Like a deer caught in a head light, I freeze in my spot seeing a cyborg few miles away from us. When my brain recovers of what is happening I disregard the way my heart beats, and my legs shake, quickly rushing towards where Delia and my sister stands oblivious of what's going to happen. When the cyborg points a gun to Alexia's direction I know I have to double my pace before it's too late.

My mind is blank, everything around us is a blur. All I can see is my sister's eyes filled with fear, a couple of tears falling down her eyes. Hearing the gun fires twice my tears also fell as I yell 'no'. Launching off to save my sister, I don't care if I got shot anymore , all I think about is to save her.

A single pain hits the skin in my shoulder as it goes deeper into my flesh feeling it tear my muscles up, the second bullet hits my back then out of my chest, and I groan and cry in so much pain. Seeing and smelling the metallic scent of my blood as the wind slows down every movement before we hit the grassy land with a loud thud. I can hear Delia scream and Alexia calling my name but everything is still blurry and the surrounding was spinning, I struggle to keep my eyes open as I scan my sister's body to see any damage but all I can see is the stain of my blood in her shirt.

Taking a deep breath I am relieved that she's safe. I stop fighting the pain and let my head spin upon the assurance of her safety, hearing my deep and slow breaths, I smile at her as she kneels down my side. I can sleep now. The last thing I heard, was a loud explosion that happen a few meters away before everything around me turns black and silent.

*******

"Her vitals are already stable, she'll be up any minute now." I can hear Linda's voice, echoing in the room, but I don't know who's she's talking to.