Chapter 18

ALEXIA

"Set up a meeting make sure are the adults are in there, this is no longer a drill."

"What? What's going on? Axe---"

I was cut off when the line got disconnected. Furrowing my brows and pursing my lips, I glance back to where Nicoli is being tied up. Landing my transparent phone to the table gently as I walk towards his direction to untie him. After I remove the ties, and the handkerchief in his mouth he took a deep breath, giving me a look.

"Finally!" Nicoli exclaims.

I roll my eyes at him and shake my head in disbelief, "You need to control yourself next time Nicoli, you can't just act out of your impulses this is a very dangerous mission and if you mess this up we're all dead,  just because you're her boyfriend doesn't mean you have every right to interfere in her life!"

"I am just protecting her! " Nicoli rebuts.

Closing my eyes for a while I finally had enough, "From whom? From Greg? He's harmless Nicoli he didn't even know which is which! And if you really wanna protect her. Stop being such a cry baby and accept the situation that she have to put up facade and keep up with the surrounding people."

"Alright." he threw his hands in the air and let it drop on his side, "Sorry, should've known my place." he say before he continues walking out from the room.

I just watch him walk away and drop myself on my swivel chair, I need to gather everyone up. Breathing in and out I decide to use the media room to announce it to everyone. I'm in no mood to tell them personally, I'll be repeating the same instructions for every person I talk with.

Switching on the buttons of the microphone and the speakers as I adjust the volumes, making sure it's not too low and too loud for them to hear everything.

"Calling the attentions of all adults from Room One to Room Thirty inside the mansion please gather up and proceed to the function room. Please leave all children behind and Keep them inside your quarters. I repeat calling the attentions of all the adults from Room One to Room Thirty inside the mansion please gather up and proceed to the function room. Please leave all children behind and keep them inside your quarters. We will have an emergency meeting this is a serious matter. Gather up A.S.AP. "

Switching of everything I exit the media room and headed down to the main function hall, I'll just wait for my sister, and for everyone to arrive. I don't know but Today, feels like a lazy day for me or maybe I'm just stressed up too much.

People slowly fills the function room slowly. I can hear them whispering, but I just ignore their hush voices and sit motionless on the wooden chair located at the top of the mini stage. Glancing towards the right is where Axelia's seat being placed. I see Nicoli's family with Philip and Linda, entering the door as they slowly walk towards the side of the stage.

"Is everybody already here?" I ask them while waiting for Axe. Roaming my eyes to them as they all glance at one another too before they slowly nod in affirmation. "What about those people who were assigned and working in the laboratory, are they in here?"

Philip is one to talk, "The house count is 45 less the children we're in a complete count of thirty-nine except Axelia, where is she?"

"I don't know she just called me to set a meeting, and then she ended the call." exhaling I keep my eyes to the door, "Her voice just had this tone of pure urgency, it's like she just found out something dark."

"It can be one of the government's plan." Philip answer.

"There's a high probability that this is about the officials."

Philip just purse his lips and nod at me, I nod back to him and have my eyes fixated on the door. When the door of the function hall opens their loud whispers turns into a deafening silence. Axelia's face is very dark and wary even Nicoli hesitates to approach her. We waited for her to be seated in her chair before everyone starts to whisper again.

"What happened?" I ask her, my voice low enough for others not to hear it.

She put her hands on her head as she looks at the surrounding people. "Our number is too small."

"What d'you mean?"

"We need to stop the officials largest operation." she looks at me then to Philip, "It's going to be us or the kids’ lives who are at stake."

Feeling my patience growing thin, I raise my voice at her saying, "Can you stop talking randomly and talk to us Axe!"

"Arnold Glassman and Hans Edwards is building another city." she whispers. "I don't know how to explain this to them knowing they don't have any idea of what they are living in."

"What?" Philip and Nicoli ask in chorus.

"I'll explain this to them, I think it's time that they know Axe." I look at her with pain then glance to our people, "I know it's supposed to be our secret, but I guess it's time. We need to explain it for them to understand where this is going. And for them to understand the things you just find out, whatever it is they'll going to need some enlightenment."

Axelia weights the things that I said for a second before she purses her lips and nod at me. Giving her a knowing smile I tap her shoulder twice before nodding and facing the people who are now looking at us with curiosity.

"I know this too much to absorb in one day but please keep silent and hear me out." They just stare at me while waiting for me to the continue, and so, I did, "Ten years ago I heard voices behind those thick walls of this city. I told Axelia about that and during our birthday while everyone was busy talking and eating we decide to ditch it for a while and took some tools with us."

The murmurs, and whispers starts to fill the room, I look at my sister, and she just nods telling me to go on. Philip clears his throat loud enough to silence everyone. Exhaling, I ball my fist and gather up my thoughts to find a way to make this quick.

"We made hole in to the wall enough for us to pass through yet small enough to raise suspensions to the patrol drones. We saw a different world that is really dark and cold out there. It's very opposite to where we live, there are people and children in there surviving the cold to fight for their lives. But lucky for them they know what's real and not, while us? We are leaving in a beautiful world yet, everything is artificial. Those officials they keep it a secret, gave us what we need for us not to ask for more. People who tried to defy them will be thrown outside these walls, or worse have them executed."

Glancing at everyone, I decide to give them good news that they'll all be grateful with before Axelia breaks out the bad news.

"Last week... We saw our father and Philip's brother locked up in Glassman's mansion. "

I can hear everyone gasps and cries, I know they are all happy to hear this. Axelia stand up beside me and  hold my shoulder squeezing it softly before she stares at Philip and retrieve something from her pocket. It's a necklace with a very beautiful aquamarine stone in it. I hear Leyla gasp before she run to Edmund and cry. What's happening?

"W-where did you get that?" Philip's voice is teary pointing at the necklace in Axelia's hand.

"Delia is alive, she wants you to know that she still exists." Axe hands Philip the necklace gently before she whispers saying, "She wants Dindy to have this."

I look back to everyone and speak up again, "Xavier Kerrod, Peter Clarkson and Delia Clarkson are under Arnold Glassman's roof they were tortured and abused, milking up their brains for more ideas, new plans, and a more advanced technology."

"And we have to stop them. Delia is physically and sexually abused while my father and Peter they are fed up with an almost rotten food, torturing them for resisting and declining their offers to work with them."