Chapter 12

ALEXIA

I quietly sit in the swivel chair facing Leyla and Edmund as we patiently wait for Philip to arrive. I have my elbows on the armrest with my two index finger on each side of my noise bridge, resting my face. Keeping my eyes to the table staring at the stack of papers.

As soon as the library door opens, I know it's Philip. I less expect him to be Axe cause I had Nicoli to do the job of stopping her to be here, that two needs a bit of pushing, and besides I want to talk to Axe about this alone. Not bothering to look up. I directly ask Philip.

"Why did you hide the information about the Glassman's dungeon?" I stand up resting my palms on the table.

Philip seems to look confuse for a second then recovers when he realizes what I mean, "I-uh... "

"Why Philip?" I say bumping my fist on the table.

"What is she talking about Philip?" Leyla ask, confuse about what's happening.

Edmund was next to question, "Alexia, please calm down, and let us deal with this free from rage."

I look at Philip, who's standing near the door, his expression unreadable. He's hiding something from us, whatever it is I'll figure it out one way or another. Edmund motions for Philip to sit down next to him, Philip just nod and walk silently across the room to his seat. He looks at me for a while then drop his gaze to the floor as he starts to fidget with his fingers. Large trickles of sweats are forming near his temple and nose, telling me he's nervous and scared.

"G-glassman...", he starts then he shakes his head and look at me with pain and sadness in his eyes. "Alex, I can't just tell you the truth. It's Dindy's life in the line. I-I can't lose her..."

"What are you talking about? What truth?" Leyla ask again, more confuse this time. "Can anybody answer me?!"

I glance at Philip then close my eyes explaining to Leyla, "During our mission in the Glassman's Mansion, Glassman happen to bring me to his underground facility, and we found out that Glassman has a dungeon specially made for his former inventors, those people inside used to work with my family... Philip used to be one of those prisoners."

"And? H-how did you manage to escape? How's that you're the only one who got away?" Edmund fires a lot of questions wanting for us to elaborate more, "Do they still have prisoners?"

"Yes." I answer the last question, "All the prisoners are somehow connected to our family, he kept them underground hidden and tortured. Sadly there's only two left, and I don't know how long they can make it inside."

"Two?! " Philip retaliate, "No! You must have been mistaken, they were three!"

"Delia died Philip, if that's where you're trying to go." I know that came rude and insensitive, but I just can't control my anger now. "Glassman said she died giving birth to Dindy but Peter sa---"

"Peter?!" Leyla reacts recognizing the name of Philip's brother. "He's alive?! Oh, god." she automatically tears up while Edmund hurriedly hugged her tightly.

Leyla's sobs are the only noise inside the room for a couple of minutes, I just stare at them blankly, while mentally weighing the things I have to say next. I was about to open my eyes when Philip speaks up.

"Glassman put a micro voice recognizer inside the nape of Dindy, I can't say Xav-- any word of your father's name out loud, I'll active the virus to spread all over Dindy's viens." he cries, as his hands balls into fists. "I can't lose her. If Delia is really gone, I'm sure she also wants our daughter to be safe."

"You're a surgeon, can't you have it remove?" I ask.

Philip shakes his head, "I can't, the chip is very close to one of the complicated veins located in the neck. If I ever succeed in removing it, I'm sure Dindy will have complications after." he explains tears still flowing rapidly in his eyes.

Understanding and knowing his reasons I massage my temple and lean back on the swivel chair. There's a lot at stake, I can't just get them out without a thorough plan and discussion. Glancing to these three people in front of me, I stand up from my seat and look to the side, exhaling.

"Tell Nicoli and Linda that I'll see them here after I converse with Alexia about this..." I address to Edmund, "You take Leyla with you make her rest for a while, Philip I suggest you bring Dindy with you later, I'll have Linda check her."

All of them silently nods as they slowly exited the heavy dark brown double doors of the library...

Now I have to find a way to bring this up to Axelia without her attacking Philip. A lot of explanations will be needed, I just hope she'll listen this time. The last thing I want is for her to slit Philip's throat.

Pressing the screen of my digital watch I look for Alexia's name. When I press the call button, I tap my nails on the top of the desk waiting for her to pick up as the ringing sound goes on. When the fifth ring starts the call gets rejected. I call her once again and gladly she picks it up in the first ring.

"Axe---" For a second time today, I heard a wild moan on the line.

"Ohhhh god yessss...." recognizing Axelia's voice, I automatically slap my face with my palms, "Yahhh... Ohhhh..."

This brat has a time to have sex while I'm here figuring out how to unfúck this situation! Is she serious?! Out of my growing impatience I switch the call into a projector call. Seeing my blue projection on her watch. Axelia scrambles out of bed, running to the bathroom.

"What the heck was that?!" she starts leaning on the bathroom wall grabbing the towel as she covers herself, "Can't you see I'm doing something?"

"Oh you mean you're doing someone?" I snap, "Get that naked butt of yours to dress up and meet me here in the library, A. S.A. P!"

"I hate y---" Axe stops looking to the door. "Shit." she muttered.

'Axe what's wrong?' Nicoli's voice rings outside the bathroom door, 'Hey everything okay?'

"Uh, yeah. For a sec!" She yells back.

"Hurry Axe, I don't have all day to wait." I roll my eyes at her.

She shot me a dark look and say, "Be there in a second, you're not the only one who gets to enjoy aren't you?" raising a brow at me, Axe immediately ends the call.

That bítch!