Chapter 18

Jeffrey's POV 

I need to see you, when are you coming and what are you wearing? xojd, I texted Mia only five minutes after getting to the venue. It was so hard to not have her by my side, as a date. 

Mia: I'm on my way, eager boy, there in a few minutes. A dress. That's all I'm saying. xx 

I took a seat on a quite luxurious, velvet chair with Norman next to me as we waited for Mia. Norman knew about her by now and she told me it was okay if he knew. Even Freddie had noticed that there was something between us. Soon enough everyone would notice that, the fault being mine because I simply couldn't take my eyes off of her. 

The venue was quite big. There were floor to ceiling windows that gave view to New York City and I knew Mia would love it, because she always talked about how she loved the city at night. The tables were arranged so that they went around the whole room and gave space to a round dance floor in the middle. They had a big bar right in front of us, but I'd get a drink when baby girl arrived. 

And boy, did she arrive.

At first I thought I was hallucinating but I wasn't

At first I thought I was hallucinating but I wasn't. That girl that had just entered the room and turned heads was mine. I had never seen something or someone more beautiful than her. My heart was pounding in my chest as I looked at her gracefully walking over to the bar, smiling. Her legs moved in front of each other with such grace, the sandals she wore hugging her ankles superbly. 

There was not a single man in that room that didn't look at her. She looked so elegant, so fierce, so dangerous; she looked like a heartbreaker. She looked like a feline, a tigress or a lioness. Her eyes searched the room and found mine, moment in which I thought my heart would stop. It did skip a beat though. She smiled at me and that's all it took for me to think that my soul would leave my body. 

She was heaven and hell, both an angel and a beautiful devil. She was alluring and I think the girl knew that if she wanted, she would destroy every man's heart. The brown haired kitten looked mysterious, making everyone want to know more about her. I wanted to know more about her, yet I knew everything. She was already mine, yet I felt the need to make her mine even more, if that made sense.  

I approached her at the bar, where I stood next to her. ''What's your poison, kitten?''. 

The corners of her mouth went up into an elegant smile; it was almost in slow motion, just like in the fucking movies. ''I'll take a strawberry Daiquiri'' she said. Just like that one time. 

''I'm the luckiest man alive, did you know that?'' I whispered in her ear. Fuck, her perfume gave me vertigo. 

''You're making me blush, Mr. Morgan. You look very, very handsome'' she said, a sweetness to her voice. I couldn't describe how much I wanted to kiss her in that moment. 

''Hi Jeffrey'' a loud voice came from my left and I turned around to see it was Kayla. 

''Oh hey Kayla'' I said. ''How are you?''. 

''Much better now'' she said as she touched my arm. Uh, okay? ''How are you then? Are you enjoying yourself?''. 

''Yes, of course. I was just having a conversation with Mia here''. 

''Oh. Hi, Mia'' she gave Mia a quick glance before she turned back to me. Was she jealous of Mia or what? ''I'll go grab some food. Make sure you have a dance with me tonight, will you?'' she whispered, though Mia heard it too because I felt her tense up a bit. I smiled and told Kayla that I'd talk to her later. 

''You've got fans'' my love said. 

''Can't help it, baby'' I winked at her jokingly and she nudged me with her elbow. ''I'd give anything to kiss you right now''. 

''Another time, baby'' she teased as she grabbed her drink, turned around and left me there, just like that. She was the devil, beautifully dangerous. Femme fatale. She liked to play and I fucking loved it. 

*

I watched her move, and I watched her dance and drift away to the music. There were so many people on the dance floor, yet my eyes were on her and only her. She was living the music, letting it flow through her veins and I wanted to be there, to hold her beautiful hips and dance with her. But then it was like she could read my mind because she locked her eyes with mine and motioned for me to come over. 

Mia was hypnotizing; whatever she wanted me to do, I did it. I got to her and as if nothing else mattered in the world I pulled her towards me, her body so close to mine that things were heating up. There was beautiful sensual tension between us, there was love and passion in the air and I was in love. Her body moved in sync with mine, her hips moved in a snake-like manner and her eyes were closed. She was full of passion and she fucking knew how to move. 

I bet that everyone in that room wanted to dance with her, to see how it felt to be so close to her. We were so close to each other, our lips just millimeters away and she didn't seem to care anymore. She didn't care that we could be seen by everybody, she just wanted to dance with me, to be close to me. 

My hands traveled up and down the sides of her upper body, feeling her warm, fired up skin. Her right leg was in between my legs, her chest on mine. She was magnetic, I couldn't keep my fingers off of her. Her hands were on my chest; sometimes they tugged at my shirt when our dance moves heated up. 

I adored her.  

''You're making me want to kiss you, baby girl. I can't hold it in anymore'' I told her and she looked at me with love in her eyes, sweet alcohol in her breath. ''I'm gonna kiss you'' I warned her. I just couldn't help it anymore. If I did it, everyone would know, which I personally didn't mind. ''I'm gonna kiss you right here and everyone is gonna see''. I was getting closer and closer to her face and she didn't move back one inch, so I kept going. 

I kept going until our lips met and the music and people's voices suddenly faded away and once again, there was only me and her