Chapter 40

Mia's POV

"Mia, babe, come, it's on" Beth grabbed my hand and literally dragged me to the dance floor, leaving Jake stand there alone. I didn't look back at him, I just let myself listen to the music and focus on my friends.

After a while Tony asked me who the guy I was talking to was.

"Jake, my ex" I said without emotion in my voice.

"Oh damn. Everything good?" he asked.

"Yes, but he's flirty and keeps telling me that he misses me" I stopped dancing and just stood there, looking down. The fuck was wrong with me? I couldn't let anything take me down, I was having a good time.

"Let me know if you need me to punch anyone. Cheer up, babe" Tony said and I smiled at him.

"This ex of yours is hot as fuck though. He doesn't happen to be bi?" Freddie joined in the conversation making me laugh. 

"He is hot, yeah" I had to agree. Jake was a beautiful man, his light brown purposely messy all the time because that's how he knew it looked best. His body was well trained and he dressed nicely; he had always had good taste in clothes. The green of his eyes was not a problem when it came to getting girls to adore him. "He is not bi, you horny ass man'' Freddie just laughed it off and continued dancing.

"Talking about exes..." my gay friend said as he very visibly pointed behind me. I looked back and saw Jake approaching me, glass in one hand, smile on his face.

"You're still a good dancer" he smirked at me. "You look amazing on the dance floor" he leaned down to whisper in my ear and his hand landed in my hip, bothering the shit out of me. No one allowed him to invade my space like that.

"Thanks" I said as I took a step away from him. I took a look at him and then I roughly grabbed the drink in Freddie's hand and throated it down. "Fuck" I said as I felt the burn in my throat.

"Easy, girl" my friend said.

"You're into getting fucked up tonight?" Jake asked, coming closer to me once again. In my pocket, my phone vibrated but I ignored it for the moment.

"Not sure" I said. "Fuck, this is my song" I grabbed Freddie's hands and started dancing with him to the beat of the song. He was drunk and dizzy and in a good mood and I was fucked up, happy but annoyed.

Suddenly, I felt warm hands on my hips and then a body against mine. It happened so fast that I didn't know what had happened, so I looked up to meet Jake's face. We were close, way too close. I wish it was Jeffrey.

I was getting way too dizzy, not only from the alcohol but also and mostly from the heat and strong lights.

"I need air" I said to myself and left for the exit door. Once out, I took a deep breath, inhaling the fresh, cold air. Sitting down on the edge of the sidewalk I calmed down.

"Are you alright?" I hear a voice from behind and when I look I see Jake once again. He took a seat next to me and sighed. "I'm sorry if I was creepy earlier".

"You...you just appeared there out of nowhere. Who gave you the right to just...tell me you want me back and touch me and flirt with me? Did I give you any signs I wanted that? If so, I'm sorry but-" I was interrupted when I felt lips on mine. They were not as soft as the ones I loved, not warm as his-Jeffrey's. They weren't his and I backed up, slapping Jack. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I stood up and ran to the toilet, crying.

Grabbing my phone to call my future husband I noticed that he had texted me asking if I was alright. I called him immediately.

"Jeffrey?" my voice was shaky.

"Hi, love. You ready to come home so early?'' 

"Yes'' I said in a low voice. ''Can you come pick me up? Please".

"Baby, are you okay?'' he could now tell that I was crying, he knew me well. ''I'm on my way. What's wrong? Talk to me. Are you okay? Are you hurt?". 

"Did you leave Izzy alone?".

"She's with me, she's asleep. I'm on my way. Tell me what's wrong, Mia". He sounded worried and I loved him.

"Jake...he" I was choking. "He kissed me".

"Jake? Jake as in...?" his voice was immediately lower and he sounded angry.

"...as in my ex, yes''. I had told him about my ex once, for some reason. ''I swear I didn't kiss back, it wasn't my fault, he did it out of nowhere''. 

"I know, my love. It's okay, I know'' he was so sweet, so understanding. ''I'm gonna fucking kill him". I hoped to god he wasn't driving fast with our baby in the car. ''I'm on my way, baby. Stay on the phone''. 

I was leaning against the wall in the girls' room, crying. My phone was vibrating and I knew it was my friends texting me and trying to call me; I would deal with that later. 

''I'm here. Can you come outside?'' Jeff said and I hurried outside. Once there, I jumped into his arms to feel the comfort and safety of his body. ''Are you okay?'' he grabbed my face between his hands and looked at me before I nodded. ''Where is he?'' he was angry. 

''I don't know, he's around here'' I said right when I saw Jake a few meters away, talking with another guy. ''He's there'' I pointed at him. 

''Fucking piece of shit'' Jeffrey started walking fast towards him and I was afraid of what was going to happen. I looked in the backseat of the car and saw Izzy fast asleep. Quickly, I called Tony and asked him to come outside and stay with her while I went after Jeff. ''Hey, asshole'' he  caught Jake's attention. 

''Jeffrey, don't do anything stupid'' I said from behind him, shaking. I didn't like stuff like that. 

The effect of the alcohol was now gone, I was sobered up by now. 

''What makes you think you can just kiss my fiancé without her consent?'' god, I loved him. He was angry and I was scared, but he was so fucking hot when he defended me. Ugh, Mia, get your shit together. 

''Oh, there he is'' Jake said, looking full of himself. ''I think she liked it'' he smirked. He used to be a sweet, respectful guy. When did he become such a big asshole? ''Isn't that right, Mia?''. 

''No. How dare you? I'm getting married to this man right here in a month. I told you that you had no right to touch me. What's wrong with you?'' I was disgusted. 

''Listen here, you piece of shit. Don't you fucking dare even look at her again'' Jeff said, pointing at Jake. 

''Call me piece of shit again, old man'' Jake replied and my blood was boiling. I could see Jeff's fists clenched hard and I knew that he was about to punch Jake any minute now. 

''Well, you are a fucking piece of shit'' Jeff smirked before Jake came at him with his fist, making me scream. I was shaking and right when I wanted to check on my love's cheek he lifted up his fist and punched Jake right in the nose, causing immediate bleeding. 

''Jeff, that's enough, please stop'' I was crying and holding Jeffrey back. His cheek was red, almost bleeding and I hoped it didn't hurt too bad. Someone else was holding Jake and they were staring at each other. ''Baby, look at me'' he did what I said. ''That's enough. Let's go home, please. For me'' his expression softened and he nodded in response. Pulling me close to him, we went towards the car. 

''Let's go home'' he said.