Chapter 37

Mia's POV

I was making dinner for myself when Izzy started crying. I knew that life as a mother would be like that yet it still fucking exhausted me. Don't get me wrong, I loved my kid indescribably much, but Jeffrey was gone pretty much all the time and it was killing me. There was no time for myself, I could barely make dinner or have half an hour to myself.

Izzy was three months now and in the first two months everything was fine because Jeffrey was home more often than now. As soon as interviews, meetings and what not started I was alone with her and it was tiring. I couldn't even remember when it was the last time I took a shower longer than 5 minutes or took the time to paint my nails. Yes, I was mad at Jeffrey because it felt as if he had just left me to do the hard stuff by myself, as shitty of me as that sounded.

I wanted time off for myself too; I wanted to meet my friends, to have a meal outside of the house, to have a cocktail at a bar or to just take a walk in the park by myself or with my friends. I was still young and yes, I was a mother but inside I was still dreaming about all the things I used to do before. I loved Izzy more than anything, she was my heart, but I simply felt shitty because I felt alone in all this.

My parents lived in another city so they couldn't come over that often. I wished it was easier.

*

"Baby, I'm home" I heard Jeffrey yell from downstairs. Wow, good for you. "He was home after being in the UK for a week. "Where are my girls?".

"Upstairs" I said. There was no excitement in me and even though I felt the need to be held by him I was angry as fuck.

"There you are" he smiled his charming smile and kissed me long before picking up Izzy and placing soft kisses on her head. "I've missed you two so much".

"Well then you should've been home more often" I said before thinking and his face dropped.

"What? Why would you say that?" he put Izzy down in her crib before kneeling in front of me, his hands on my knees.

"I'm exhausted, Jeffrey. I feel like you've just given up on us and prioritized work. I wouldn't mind that if Izzy was bigger, but why did it have to happen now when she was just born three months ago? We're both supposed to be in this together. Are you already tired of the dad life? Of me?". I felt like saying much more but it wouldn't be fair.

"Mia, you know this was a thing I had to do, something that I couldn't cancel. I wasn't there on vacation, I literally worked my ass off every single day. Why do you have to be mad at me for that?" He was clearly upset by what I said.

"Because I feel abandoned" I answered, realizing that there was no point in starting a fight.

"I haven't abandoned you, I'm just working. Baby, I'll never get tired of this, of us and our little family. God, this is the best thing that's ever happened to me, I'd never let it go" he was looking straight into my eyes, sincerity and love plastered on his face.

"I'm sorry" I said, feeling bad for getting like that. "I didn't mean to snap, I'm just exhausted" I sighed. "This lil' girl has been destroying me and my nipples but hey, what can I do?" I continued, earning a cute laugh from Jeffrey.

"You know, I could just...massage those" he pointed at my boobs, "to make them feel better" he said and I laughed out loud.

"Fuck, I've missed you so much" I kissed him passionately as I held his face between my palms.

"Baby, I adore you like crazy but you smell like puke and milk. Let's prepare you a hot bath".

"Are you serious? Way to go, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, that made me feel sexy as fuck" I playfully slapped his arm before we both got up.

"I'll go turn on the water. If Izzy is asleep by the time the tub is full I'll join you if that's okay with you" he smirked and as much as I wanted some time alone, I couldn't say no to a warm bath with the love of my life.

"You're hot" I smirked before I turned to Izzy and covered her with a soft blanket. Please stay asleep, please stay asleep.

And she did. I got naked right before Jeff entered the bathroom and after receiving a nice slap on the ass I got in. Fuck, the warm water felt so good that I moaned out loud.

"Hey, that was sexy" my man said before getting in. "Woah, this really feels good".

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the warmth of the water take over my body. That bath was as needed as ever.

"You're beautiful" I heard Jeff say. Opening my eyes, I saw him looking at me and I blushed. "I'm still so fucking crazy about you" he confessed.

"You're really good at making my heart race, aren't you? I love you so much".

"I still do that?".

"Of course you do. As soon as you open your mouth to speak with that voice that makes people swoon I get butterflies" I blushed again. "Ugh, this is so cheesy, I feel like a teenager".

"You make me feel like one again" he said and I had to kiss him. I kissed him so hard that I couldn't breathe. "Marry me" he said.

"What?". Uhm, huh?

"Will you marry me?".