Chapter 39

Mia's POV

I was getting dressed for a night out with Tony, Beth and Freddie. Jeffrey decided to stay at home with Izzy, who was now one year old. He wanted to give me time for myself and meet my friends that I hadn't met in a long time; I missed them like crazy.

"Momma looks amazing, doesn't she?" I heard Jeffrey say as he entered the room holding our baby.

"Thank you for that, daddy" I blushed at the compliment and at myself calling him daddy after a long time.

"If mommy calls me daddy again she might be very late".

"Jeffrey, she's innocent" I laughed at the moment.

"She has no idea, baby" he put Izzy down on the fluffy carpet in our bedroom and approached me. 

"But for real, you look absolutely stunning

"But for real, you look absolutely stunning. I can't believe I'm marrying this beauty in a month" he kissed my neck, right where I loved it the most.

"I can't believe you're almost trying to make me stay" I smirked and pushed him away with my butt. "Don't make me be late, Mr. Morgan".

"Mm, wish I could" he whispered with a sweet smirk on his face.

"Gotta go now, love you" I kissed him softly before leaning down and giving my daughter lots of smooches. "Take care of daddy, ya hear me?" I smiled at her.

"You take care of yourself and let me know when to come and pick your drunk ass up" he joked, but it was true. I was probably gonna get smashed and didn't care one bit because it was my and my friends night.

"I can always get an Uber, baby. It might get really late before I want home".

"I wanna make sure you're safe, I'll pick you up" he said.

"God, I love you like crazy"

"I love you too, have fun" he responded before I left.

*
"Oh my god, bitch, you are the hottest mom out there" Freddie exclaimed before coming in for a hug.

"You're the hottest gay out there" I complimented back, making him giggle. "And there's the beautiful couple" I smiled at Beth and Tony approaching us as they held hands. They were now together and as in love as ever, which warmed my heart. It made me happy to have witnessed Tony slowly fall for Beth, who had been into Tony a long time.

After hugging each other we went for our favorite restaurant to get the evening started. After that we went to the bowling hall where we played for hours, ate nacho chips and drank cider.

I was having a really good time. I had missed my friends and doing stuff with them so much. Yeah, there was a baby in my life now and although I was a mother I was still young both in age and at heart. Doing fun things that included me being happy was important to me; both Jeffrey and I had a life too despite having a child. We had to remember that, it was important. 

"Mia?" I heard a familiar voice from behind me. My friends and I were now at a pub/club, all being in the mood for dancing later in the night. It was crowded, really crowded. Turning around, the smile on my face half faded; my sight could get just a bit blurry from time to time due to alcohol but I could still see who it was.

"Jake" I nodded towards the man who was my boyfriend for two and a half years a long time ago. I didn't know how to feel, I hadn't seen him since we broke up many years ago. He was a big part of my life at that point, the biggest love I had at that time.

"It's been a while, wow. I can't believe I'm seeing you here" he went in for a hug and I hugged back with less enthusiasm because I was not expecting to meet him. We never hated each other or something, we broke up because we felt that we each had other plans in life.

"It has, hasn't it?" I smiled. He looked good; Jake was always a good looking man, I remember a lot of girls wanting him when I was in a relationship with him.

"You look beautiful" he complimented and I thanked him, returning the compliment.

"You ok, hun?" Freddie approached me. I nodded in response, telling him I knew the man I was talking to.

"Please, let me get you a drink" he said. It wasn't even a question, so I didn't really say anything. Stupid of me.

He got me my favorite drink. "You remember?". 

"Of course I do. Always will" he smiled charmingly and it made me a bit mad because it felt like he was flirting with me. Once again, I didn't say anything. "So who are you here with?".

"My friends" I pointed at my buddies who were doing shots without me because I was "busy".

"I see. And how about...Jeffrey?".

"He's at home with our daughter" I smiled thinking of the two.

"Oh" he paused, smile disappearing. "You have a daughter?".

"I do. Her name is Izzy" I was so proud. He looked at me with a disappointed facial expression and nodded.

"Lucky guy, Jeffrey" he took a sip of his drink and while he did so I checked for a ring or anything but didn't see any.

"So how about you? Do you have any kids?".

"Me? I don't. I...uhm, I'm single. Missing the past" he confessed and it took me by huge surprise. "Yeah, you". Woah, easy.

"We haven't talked or seen each other in years and you tell me you miss me? Is it the alcohol and the heat of the moment?".

"Sorry. No, I've thought about you many times. Even though it maybe was for the better neither of us wanted to break up and you know that". He was right. Our decision was made by our brains while our hearts wanted the opposite. It was a sad break up.

"That's..." I really didn't know what to say. "I didn't know that but it feels so...so out of nowhere. What do you win by saying that now?". He couldn't win me back. I was with the most handsome, most caring and kindest man in the world, I had a kid with him too. 

"Just finally seeing you in person and realizing how beautiful you are makes me say that. I can't believe that you could get any more beautiful than you already were then. It makes me regret us splitting" we never met in person after that but we were still friends on Facebook, so he still saw me in photos. "I've always regretted it" he looked at me the exact same way he did when we said our goodbyes, and I didn't know what I was feeling deep inside.

"Jake, why are you doing this?" he was now looking at my lips for a very long time and I was afraid of what he could be thinking of doing. 

"I just...want you back''.