Chapter 27

Thank you to @Alexy_ad for introducing @RaniaTwaireq to me who did this amazing new cover. It's so wonderful! *-*

---

"Sleep."

He purred and felt Zhan Yao's tension slowly leaving his body and snuggle closer towards him.

Yutong placed one last soft kiss on Zhan Yao's head and soon there could only be heard the matching calm breathing of the two sleeping men.

Bai Yutong woke up to slightly different positions than they had fallen asleep in. In their sleep, Zhan Yao completely sprawled himself over Bai Yutong's entire body, wrapping his lean legs around one of Yutong's muscular ones and tugging his face into the crook of his neck - his breath tickling the sensitive skin. Yutong carefully drew his arms around him, pulling him closer, and took a deep breath against the cat's warm skin. For once, he felt completely relaxed and comfortable.

He could feel Zhan Yao stirring in his sleep slightly, followed by a quiet grumble - indicating that he was going to wake up soon. Yutong closed his eyes and breathed calmly.

It took about another fifteen minutes for Zhan Yao to wake up and an additional five minutes to regain a somewhat awake mind. When he noticed the position he was in he was already about to push away reflexively but then noticed that Bai Yutong was still sleeping - which was rare. Normally it was always Bai Yutong to wake up first. Not because Zhan Yao was a late waker but because he simply forgot time when he worked in the evening and thus went to bed late.

Zhan Yao hesitated a moment and watched Yutong's sleeping face. He felt less embarrassed to stare now that the mouse was not awake and allowed himself to carefully inspect Yutong's features. Bai Yutong looked completely relaxed and Zhan Yao also noticed that he seemed healthier than a few days ago, the dark circles under his eyes almost disappeared as well.

Zhan Yao just continued to stare and after a while, Yutong decided to 'wake up', when Zhan Yao finally took all his courage to initiate contact. Bai Yutong was so surprised he almost snapped his eyes open in wonder. He barely kept them closed and hoped Zhan Yao didn't notice. 

Getting more adventorous, Zhan Yao carefully traced the distinctive features of the man beneath him. He continued for a while and slowly changed over to stroke his hair in gentle movements. Suddenly he froze. Isn't this exactly what Yutong had done to him the morning before? His hand rested on Bai Yutong's head as he was questioning himself.

Bai Yutong - who guessed Zhan Yao probably wouldn't continue anymore based on his reaction - decided to wake up for real this time. He slowly opened his eyes and turned his head slightly to face Zhan Yao. The movement grabbed Zhan Yao's attention and their eyes locked. Yutong tried to look as sleepy as he could in order to not blow his cover and the sight made Zhan Yao's heart stop beating for a second and afterwards rush the blood to his cheeks.

"Morning."

Whispered Bai Yutong - his voice husky from sleep - and gently caressed Zhan Yao's cheek with his left hand.

Zhan Yao gulped nervously and blinked.

"There was dust."

He said dumbly and retracted his hand. Definetly not the smartest excuse he ever used. Especially since Bai Yutong knew Zhan Yao so well that he always seemed to know when he was lying right away. Even though the one who was supposed to be good at reading people was Zhan Yao. But Bai Yutong was not good at reading other people - well, at least not as good as Zhan Yao - he just understood his cat. And secretly, Zhan Yao was very happy about it since not many people understood him. He wasn't even close to many people. And those he was close to, he still didn't open up to easily. But he didn't even need to make an effort to open up to Bai Yutong - he just understood him.

Bai Yutong just smiled at him lovingly. Of course he knew he was just taking that as an excuse - he was awake the entire time - and normally he would have loved to tease him about it. But instead, he just grabbed onto him tightly and cuddled him.

The surprised Zhan Yao tried to fight back at first but didn't stand a chance and eventually gave up willingly and wrapped his arms around Yutong's broad body to return the hug. Zhan Yao breathed in deeply and just let himself fall into the feeling. He closed his eyes relaxedly and listened to the steady drumming of Yutong's heart against his chest.

They just lounged in bed the whole morning, not even talking much but just enjoyed the closeness of the other and cuddled.