Chapter 27

Y/n POV

So Isen was beat up again by John, and Remi went to confront him.

Apparently he admitted he was Joker but refused to stop. He wants to see the hierarchy collapse.

I took a deep breath as I kept coding.

So much to do and so little time. I will stay up all night if I have to.

I grabbed my quick fix and pointed it at me and activated it, and I quickly felt energy return to me.

Y/n: come on. Just a few more lines

I started to feel tired, despite the quick fix.

Y/n: I...can't.....not yet

I tried to stay awake and stayed awake for about an extra 5 minutes before collapsing.

Time skip

I woke up the next day, feeling good but remembered my work.

So I started to get to work again.

Blyke: all you do is work and work and work. You don't get out enough man

Y/n: sometimes preparing is the best option. It can be the deciding factor between a win or loss

Blyke: but you're working to much. Come on. Get out of your room or I will drag you out. Plus Sera is at the door

I looked up at him and sighed.

I grabbed a pair of headphones and put the around my neck, grabbing my phone and walking out the door.

Blyke: there we go

I opened the door and indeed saw Sera.

Sera: hey Y/n

I entered the hallway and started walking beside her.

Y/n: hey. So into town?

She nodded.

So as we were walking we made a bit of small talk.

Sera: why are you staying in your room so much now?

Y/n: trying to catch up on work

Sera: but your a mercenary

Y/n: mercenaries don't just run at the enemy and kill. They have other jobs. Like while I'm here I was given the task to look into Ember and make robots to fight against Grey Mann's robots.

She laughed a bit.

Sera: so before this is was Man vs Machine?

Y/n: yes. But now and Mann and Machine vs Machine

She laughed again and I just smile. But she got quiet again quickly.

Sera: hey Y/n?

Y/n: yo

Sera: Arlo said John was Joker. He wanted me to talk to him about it but John said he wasn't Joker. I need a second opinion

I went silent thinking.

Y/n: well it's not that I do believe he's Joker, it is a possibility

Sera: but he's powerless, like me

Y/n: maybe he does have a power and just took a lot of that damn serum that strengthens powers

She went silent.

Sera: sorry about bringing it up

Y/n: he it's fine. We all need to say something every now and then. Come on we're here

She looked up before realizing we were at that drink place she loved, Woaba Boba.

So we went in, got our drinks and sat down.

Sera: so you do believe he's Joker

Y/n: as I said, it's a possibility he is but he also might not be Joker

God I wish I could tell her the truth. But if I did it would crush her! Only John would be able to tell her, yet it would still crush her.

Time skip

The next day I was ready for the fight.

Remi was waiting for him to start it off. I was going to intervene half way through.

As I was about to get to the roof of the building I saw something on it already.

Blu Medic: vhy hello subject. How's your powers working?

I knew it wasn't an illusion. It was the real blu Medic. The way I could tell was he had a solid look any illusion I make doesn't have. But I also saw a blu teleporter.

I climbed the building, coming face to face with the past.

Y/n: why are you here?

Blu medic: maybe it's to take my subject back? I don't kn-

I just at him, punching him in the face.

Y/n: you're gonna have to drag my corpse back there before anything and good luck with that!

I kicked him in the face and I heard his nose crack. Good.

He stabbed me in the leg with his ubersaw.

I rolled away, so his saw didn't go any deeper.

Blu Medic: let's make this fair. No guns

He readied his ubersaw. I readied my fists.

Blu Medic: start in 3. 2. 1-

*BANG*

I had drew my pistol so fast he didn't noticed and shot him right between the eyes.

Y/n: I don't fight fair

I walked over to him and kicked his body off the roof. I destroyed the teleporter before running to where I had to go.

By the time I got there Remi was on the ground, defeated and Arlo had intervened and been beaten also.

He was about to be officially crowned king. John was clutching his arm and I could tell it was broken.

I pulled out my shotgun and fired all 3 shots into the air.

Everyone looked at me and I jumped off the building.

Y/n: hello John

John: Y/n?

Y/n: yes it's me. Now I see you've taken down the "king" of Weston. Well newsflash Chucklenuts, he's not the king.

He started at me with hatred in his eyes.

John: then who is

I reloaded my shotgun.

Y/n: me bitch

Cliffhanger