Chapter 23

Y/n POV

1 large fight later(sorry if you wanted to see that fight. I was having trouble coming up with it)

We stood over the women, who was burnt, bruised and had explosion and bullet wounds on her body. But she wasn't dead. By no means dead. Just in a lot of pain.

Y/n: so you gonna give us that serum?

???: I don't have it

I grabbed her by her shirt collar and pulled her up.

Y/n: what do you mean you don't have it?

???: I don't have it here. I wouldn't even give it to you if i had it. And I'll never tell you where to get it

My anger was taking over. But I suppressed it. For the most part.

Y/n: hey Pyro. Can I see you homewrecker?

He nodded and handed me the massive hammer.

I then swung, hitting her in the face, knocking her out.

I then handed it back.

Y/n: thank you

Pyro: mmmhhm

I picked her up and dragged her into the alley as the others disappeared. My ability from experiments.

I put her down on the alley before tying her to a large metal pole.

Then I made my way back to Weston.

Time skip

As I entered through the window I heard someone come in through the door.

As I hid my stuff my door opened revealing Blyke.

He stormed over to me before grabbing my shirt and holding me into the air.

Blyke: you have an ability?!

I sighed. No point hiding it from him.

Y/n: yes I do. Now would you put me down!

He dropped me.

Blyke: what is it?

Y/n: when I die I respawn. And by that I mean I have a small time limit. Usually 15-30 seconds. I have to wait that much time before I respawn.

Blyke: and those men?

Y/n: another ability I have. But we don't talk about how I got it.

I shivered.

Y/n: but let's say how I got it wasn't in any way pleasant

He went quiet. He then sat on a chair that I had in my room.

Blyke: why hide it? You could take down anyone with those two abilities

Y/n: I'm a mercenary. The superhero thing? My fellow mercenaries are on the front line daily and we need that serum. Not just to help them win and be able to protect others but I contacted them when Sera lost her ability

Blyke: so you did it for money?

Y/n: not really. While I did get paid I did it more so that humanity isn't taken down by a man who has an army of robots and so my friend can get her ability back

Blyke: but those robots you made?

Y/n: reprogrammed and made from scratch, using blueprints they took. I make them and they fight for us. Another reason for the superhero is I needed to look I to Ember. Some robots have the ember symbol on them but not the ones we fight. We have a feeling that these robots are going to Ember.

Blyke nodded and started leaving my room.

Y/n: another thing Blyke

He looked at me.

Y/n: don't tell anyone about this

He nodded and left.

Time skip

I was working on another robot, a medic bot. I've fallen behind on making these recently. So I skipped today to work. But after school I stopped getting responses from Sera.

John texted me a picture of text thing they had. He said a lot of random letters and Sera said a bit and soon said "oops". Now that's a big blu flag right there. I've texted her a lot and I've never seen her text "oops" once.

So after a bit of working I went to the girls dorm rooms and went to Sera's dorm.

I knocked and Elaine showed up. She panicked quickly.

Elaine: uh, Y/n! -hi. Com-

Y/n: no thanks. I just have a question. Is Sera here?

Elaine: uh no. Why?

I took my phone out and showed her the photo John texted me.

Elaine: ok? So?

Y/n: in the 2 years of being here Sera has texted John and I a lot. But she has never once said "oops", always something else. But thank you anyway

I then walked off, knowing something happened to Sera. And I'll get to the bottom of it.

Cliffhanger
(Sorry if this chapter is shit)