Chapter Twenty-Six: Now I Know There's Something Wrong

-Kana's POV- "Papa!" I scream, curling up on the floor. "Kana! Kana! It's okay. I'm sure your father is coming soon." Uncle Hanzo reassures me, pacing the small room.
"But when?!" I shriek.
"Just—hang in there, please, Kana." Uncle whispers.
"I need to speak with Raiden. Stay here."
I hiccup, feeling my head hurt.
I shut my eyes, still crying.
****
-Kuai's POV-
With a swirl of snow and ice, Bi-Han and I arrive at the Shirai Ryu Temple. I immediately rush off to the main entrance.
"Kana!" I yell, looking around frantically.
"He's in here," Hanzo states, looking at me somberly and pointing at a door.

"Thank you, Hanzo," I breath out a sigh, walking in.
My eyes widen, walking in and kneeling down near the boy.
"Kana," I whisper, tears in my eyes. "I'm here."
Bi-Han and Hanzo watch from the doorway, clearly anxious.
"P-Papa?" Kana whispers, looking up at me.
"Yeah," I smile, laughing. "Papa's here."
*****
"Is Kana any better?" I ask, sitting down at the table in the dining room along with Bi-Han and Hanzo.
Raiden had to leave due to a problem involving the Lin Kuei Cyberization suddenly stopping.

That information is definitely troubling.
"Yes, slowly. His mood is also better since you got here." Hanzo sighs in relief.
"Hanzo," I begin, glancing at Bi-Han.
"Hm?" The Shirai Ryu Grandmaster looks up at me.
"Can we talk? There's something important both you and I need to discuss."

Hanzo looks caught off guard. "Of course...If you'll excuse us, Bi-Han." He states slowly, both of us standing up and walking out of the room.
"What is so important, Kuai?" Hanzo asks once we are in his room.

"It's about the Dragon Medallion. Even though Bi-Han hid it in the Lin Kuei Temple, that corrupted form of me keeps taunting me." I explain, tapping the side of my head for emphasis.
Hanzo's brows furrow as he sits across from me on the floor. "How long has this been occurring?"

I rub my arms, cringing at the pain in my right hand. "Ever since that confrontation with Bi-Han in the snowy woods. He said he saw a hint of that—the beast in my eyes when we met face to face. He only saw a piece, I saw the whole entity."
Hanzo looks concerned, looking everywhere else but my eyes.

"Even though I only saw that form in the Lin Kuei Cyber Factory, I could see....madness in your actions, your posture, the way you taunted both of us..." He shivers. "Whatever that thing was, I knew it wasn't my friend nor Bi-Han's younger sibling."

I inhale sharply, feeling a deep sense of dread flooding me. "I-it's coming back....." I begin to hyperventilate. "Get Bi-Han and Kana and run."
"What?" Hanzo gasps.

"Just go!" I yell, clawing at the wooden floor and my fingers turn into the icicle claws again.
Hanzo has tears in his eyes as he teleports away.

"What do you want? Why are you here?!" I demand.
"Come on, Kuai. Let's have a little...fun." He purrs.
I grit my teeth, still clawing at the floor and feeling the icicles splintering out of my back painfully.

My cloth shoes easily rip open as more icicles claws on my toes scrape the floor with icy sparks.
The blizzard in my chest is so cold it burns. I feel the frost surging up my throat and coating my mouth. My lungs feel numb and my heart is pounding.

I let out a blood-curdling scream, with large icicles blasting out of the ground at my command.
'Please tell me they all got away in time. God, please...'
"Stop," I wheeze, shards of ice and mist flowing from my mouth. "Stop...th-this..."
"Tundra, must you be such a killjoy? Both you and I are going to test our power. Doesn't that sound like fun? 'Course it does!" The words of my corrupted form speak through my mouth.

He takes control while I'm forced to watch.
We look down at our claws, flexing them.
"Doesn't it feel wonderful, Kuai?" We feel our body, licking our lips. "The power? The energy? You've always wanted this." I open my mouth, but the words are stuck in my throat like the frost.
I whimper, sounds being the only noise I can make.

We laugh. "Let's go test our power out."
With a whirl of snowflakes, we vanish.