Chapter Thirty-Five: Come Back To Me

-Hanzo's POV- Raiden walks beside me as I explain everything that has occurred. We both stop near the medical room in the Lin Kuei Temple.
"Hm," Raiden sighs, looking very tired. "This does sound troublesome. I can try to speak with Kuai, but my Mandarin Chinese is rusty. Hopefully I can get basic communication across."

We both enter the large room that acts as a hospital for injured Lin Kuei members. Bi-Han looks up as we enter. He looks like he's been crying. Kuai looks up from his lap as he sits up in bed. He still looks scared. His left hand is in a sturdy looking cast, but his fingers poking out look swollen. Gauze is wrapped firmly around his head due to the concussion and bleeding.

"Huì méishì de. Bǎochí lěngjìng." Raiden speaks softly, grabbing a chair and sitting next to Kuai's bedside. (It will be okay. Remain calm.)
I stand beside Bi-Han, crossing my arms across my chest. "Dàodǐ shì zěnme huí shì? Zhèxiē rén shì shéi?" Kuai whispers. (What is going on? Who are these people?)

"Kūqì de rén shì nǐ de xiōngdì. Lìng yīgè rén shì nǐ de péngyǒu." Raiden explains. (The man crying is your brother. The other man is your friend.)
Kuai blinks, looking over at the both of us.
He points at Bi-Han. "Gēgē?" (Brother?)
Raiden nods. Kuai stares at Bi-Han, then blushes, looking away. "Wǒ zěnme bù jìdé wǒ de xiōngdì?"
(How can I not recall my brother?)

"Kǎo ài dǎo, nǐ shīqùle jìyì. Zhè bùshì nǐ de cuò." Raiden sighs. (You lost your memory, Kuai. This is not your fault.) Kuai looks at the both of us again, then sulks down. "Dànshì wǒ gǎnjué zāo tòule!"
(But I feel terrible!)

"Qǐng guòlái zhèlǐ." Kuai looks at Bi-Han.
(Come here, please.)
"Kuai is telling you to come here, Bi-Han." Raiden translates. Bi-Han looks surprised, but does so.
He kneels down to Kuai's level.
Kuai straightens up, staring at Bi-Han with a mixture of caution and remorse.

"Nín kěnéng bù liǎojiě wǒ, dàn hěn bàoqiàn nín méiyǒu huíxiǎng qǐ nín." Kuai lets out a tense laugh, using his good hand to touch Bi-Han's tear-stained face. "You may not understand me," Raiden translates, "but I am so sorry for not recalling you."
"Oh, Kuai....God, you're such a sap! Even when you lost your memory." Bi-Han jokes. Raiden translates for Kuai, who laughs for real this time.

Bi-Han yelps when he is suddenly pulled into a hug by Kuai. The younger sibling lets go, letting Bi-Han get up. "I.." Kuai thinks hard for a moment, trying his best to speak in English. "I...love... you." He speaks in weak English. "I love you, too." Bi-Han sniffs.
****
-Bi-Han's POV- Later that night, after everyone is asleep, I pace the medical room and close to Kuai's bed. Moonlight shines through the windows, giving the room some light. "Bì hàn?" I look over to see Kuai laying on his side, facing me. Tears are in his eyes. "You...well?"
"I'm okay," I respond, sitting in the chair near his bed. Kuai looks concerned and shakes his head, getting up.

He places his good hand over my aching heart. "You..." he struggles to form a sentence, keeping his hand firmly on my heart. "You...have...pain," He explains weakly, pointing to his heart. Kuai looks up at me, releasing his hand from my chest. He looks worried.

Even in his broken English, he has a point. All of this was my fault. I have a heavy heart because of this. Because of what I did. "But...I here!" Kuai smiles, but I notice it doesn't reach his eyes.
I smile at his vain attempt to cheer me up.
"Stay..." He whispers, holding my good hand with his. With the gauze wrapped around his head like a sash, he almost looks like his old self. Only now, he looks more ragged and appears to be child-like.

"I..ah," Kuai looks frustrated, trying so hard to get basic communication across. He furrows his brows.
"Why I have...this?" He takes my hand and guides it to his face, allowing my fingers to brush the scar over his eye. "You...." How can I explain this in a simple way?