Chapter Thirty-Seven: Releasing Tundra

-Bi-Han's POV- "One week!" I huff, rushing down the halls of the temple. "He's okay for one week, but one look at that mirror, and he goes full rampage mode."
The hallways are dark and cold. It's colder the further back in the temple I go. I hear Kuai crying faintly from one of the many rooms.

I open the nearest door and see him curled up in a ball on the floor. He glances at me with fear in his eyes. A blanket is wrapped around his shoulders, covering his shirtless but bruised chest and ribs.
He inhales, probably to cry again.
"Shh. It's okay. You don't need to be afraid." I croon, keeping my distance.

"Memories came back to me. I saw a bad man in there. Why did I do it? Why did I lash out?" He demands, his voice high-pitched in distress.
"There is a lot you still don't know, Kuai." I explain, holding my hand out. He takes it and I help him up.

His black hair is greasy and a mess. The bruises on his face are gone, but now he looks drained.
****
-Kuai's POV- I stare at the ceiling of the medical room as I lay in bed. Why I'm not allowed back in my own room, I'm not sure. All I know is that I'm not tired. "Oh, Kuai....Why did you lash out on me like that?"

I gasp and sit up, looking around. "Did you miss hearing my voice, sweetheart?" His voice is right in my ear. I whip my head to see the row of other hospital beds, empty. I wipe sweat away from my forehead, suddenly feeling hot. I gasp, clawing at my chest with my good hand, feeling frost begin to spread where my heart is and travel down to my stomach.

I rip the gauze on my chest off, seeing the frost spread faster. "Please," I beg, hoping that beast can hear. "Don't do this."
"Oh, Kuai, Kuai, Kuai," he taunts. "I thought my welcome back would be a bit more....heartwarming."
"What do you mean?" I cry. "Who are you?! Where are you?"

His gasp echoes in my head. "Oh, Kuai! I'm hurt! Looks like that bump caused by Bi-Han messed you up pretty bad."
"W-what..?"
What does this beast mean? Bi-Han did this?
"I've got an idea." He purrs. "Go find the Dragon Medallion. Then I will finally be free from your head. I've been locked in here for so long."

An image of a large medallion with a dragon on it flashes through my mind. "Find it, and all of this torment will go away. You want that, don't you?"
I snap out of my daze and realize that I'm already standing and walking down the hall.

"Go left," he urges. I wince at the authority in his tone. I shiver, walking into a small storage space.
"The medallion is under the rug. Grab it."
I obey, moving the slim rug aside and grabbing the thick medallion.

I yell, instantly dropping it. Instead of falling, the medallion floats. A shockwave of icy energy causes me to jump back, tripping and landing on the hard stone floor. I blink, rubbing my eyes.
A man is crouched on the floor, gripping the medallion in his icicle claws.

But it's his face. He looks exactly like me, down to every detail. Icicles jab out from his back. He looks up, his iris purple. But the scar over his eye looks a lot worse. Half of his face is horribly frost bitten, twisting his lips into a sneer. Patches of his hair is missing on the frost bitten area.

He smiles, the normal half looking like me, while the scarred side looks horrific. "Hello, Kuai Liang." He purrs. "It's so good to finally see you face-to-face.~"