Chapter Forty-Seven: Obey

-Tundra's POV- I slump down against a wooden crate once this room is cleared of threats. Panting, I look over at Hanzo and Bi-Han. They both look at me in a worried way. "Tundra," Hanzo begins, holding his hand out. "You're crying...."

I blink, lifting a frost bitten finger up to my cheek. "That's not me..." I look down, feeling overwhelming sadness washing over me. "Kuai, what's wrong?" I ask via telepathy. All I hear in my head is Kuai crying. "I'm not getting a response." I blink hard, more tears flowing down before I can stop them. "He's crying. Sobbing, really. So much that it's also affecting me. We need to keep moving. Sektor couldn't have gotten far, I damaged him pretty good. But Frost is still in here."

I blink furiously, the tears not going away. "But I cannot fight like this. Kuai's sadness is draining onto me as well."
"I will find and deal with Frost. Bi-Han, go back. I can handle this from here." Hanzo disappears into a fire tornado before we can say anything. I look back at a worried Bi-Han. "You should leave. Kuai needs you. I'll catch up with Hanzo." Focusing, my eyes glow purple again, creating an icy tornado around Bi-Han. With a flash, he's gone. I lean on my side, wheezing.
****
-Kuai's POV- I sniff, curled into a ball in bed. The familiar icy tornado swirls in front of me.
"Kuai!" Bi-Han runs out, pinning me down in bed since he pretty much tackled me. With a yell, we both become tangled in the white blanket and sheets.

"Brother!" I cry out in surprise as he hugs me tightly. I look up, expecting to see Tundra in the room as well. Nope. Looks like he teleported Bi-Han here to make sure I was all right.
"Kuai, don't ever scare me like that again!" His voice trembles. Since he is so close to me, I begin to get hot. His body heat is almost too much for me to bare.

I refuse to shove him away, simply hugging him back and breathing in his smoky scent that gives me comfort. "I'm sorry," I apologize meekly. "I did not mean to frighten you....I was meditating, then recalled everything..."
He lets go and sits up in bed. "What did you see?"

"How scared you were," I answer. "When we got into that verbal fight that caused my head trauma. I..remember hearing how upset you were. You called yourself a bully! Bi-Han, I felt terrible! I couldn't c-control my emotions, brother." I collapse in sobs again. "Hey, hey," He holds my hands firmly, squeezing them. "I'm here now. I am trying to move past this as well. Don't cry, please. You're crying so much that it caused Tundra to sob as well."

I sniff, halting my tears. "It did?"
He nods. "Oh..." I look away, ashamed. "Tundra, I'm so sorry." I apologize to him as well.
"It's fine...Just try not to do it again." He answers in my mind. He sounds exhausted.

I look back at Bi-Han with a shy smile. "Ugh, my head hurts now..." I joke, making Bi-Han smile back.
"Then rest, little brother." He muses, hands on my shoulders and gently pushes me down in bed. "I will remain here." He lays next to me as I pull the white blanket up.
"Thank you," I say, nodding off.
****
-Tundra's POV- My breathing is ragged and heavy as I run after Hanzo. The torn apart Lin Kuei cyborgs on the floor let me know that I'm getting close.

Exhaling icy air, I force myself to push forward. "Why do you continue to fight, Kuai Liang?" I skid to a stop, icy sparks flying from the claws on my feet. "Who is there? Show yourself!"
A sudden sandstorm kicks up out of nowhere, blinding me.

Blinking furiously, I see the outline of a woman appear. She looks similar to an alien, her hair replaced with a golden curve of metal on her head, her fingertips are gold in color as well. But her eyes unnerve me the most. They're blue, but a bright shade of blue almost similar to a dark glacier.

"I am Kronika. I know who you are, Kuai." She circles me, her thin legs not touching the ground at all. I stare at her. "So I was right....Frost is working for you."
"Correct." She answers. "How much do you know about me?"

"I know you are a titan, higher than an Elder God. That is all the texts say about you. Much of your life has been lost to time."
"Time," she muses, a slight smile on her pale lips. "A construct that I can control at will. I can aid you, Kuai. Take away all of your pain. Your anger. I've observed every moment of this timeline. How you all act, your next actions. And the child."

"Child?" I look up. "Yes. The boy. The Hydromancer. What did you call him? Kopa? Kana? I added him to see how you would react this time. I created Kana to act as my pawn, to see how you would act to raising a child." She narrows her eyes. "It seems that this time you failed."

"What are you  talking about?!" I demand.
"I have seen this exact story before. Many times. But each time ends differently. There are endings where the boy turns evil and drowns you, Hanzo, and Bi-Han once he is old enough. Ones where Kuai is heartless and leaves the boy to freeze to death on his doorstep....Ones where Kana is not there at all, when I took him out just to see what would occur. Another one where you and Hanzo are deeply in love. Do you understand? This is just another story. Another alternate reality. I bend it to my will. If I do not like it, I simply start again. And now...since Kana has failed, you will be my pawn. Let's see how this will play out."

A high-pitched whine screams inside of my head. I scream, crumpling to the ground and cover my ears. "Submit," Her voice is low and calm. I feel myself stand up as the ringing goes down. I can't control my body. Trapped inside of my own head, I bow low. "I am at your service," My tone of voice is flat, emotionless. "Mother."
****
-Bi-Han's POV- Kuai suddenly shrieking bloody murder jolts me awake. I watch with wide eyes as Kuai crumples to the floor after falling from bed.

Both Raiden and Kana rush in, looking just as frightened. Kuai screams until his voice is hoarse, icicles jabbing out of his skin in panic. He suddenly stops, collapsing into sobs as he curls up on his side.
"Kuai, what is the matter?!" Raiden demands in a shocked voice.

"Hanzo is in danger...." He chokes out, not looking at any of us. "Tundra is under control by a titan. A woman."
"Who is controlling him?"
Kuai looks at Raiden with wide eyes. "Kronika."