Chapter Forty-Two: Tell Them The Truth

-Kuai's POV- I walk out of the library, biting my lip in nervousness. Both Bi-Han and Hanzo look at me like disappointment parents. Hanzo looks stern and mildly hurt, Bi-Han just looks plain hurt.

"Kuai," Hanzo crosses his arms. "Is there something you want to tell us?"
I look down. "Wǒ bù zhīdào nǐ zài shuō shénme."
(I do not know what you are talking about.)
"I assume that means no." Hanzo sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose.
I sigh, trying my best not to look at Bi-Han's face.
"Yes, there is something I want to tell the both of you...."
I sound like a little child getting scolded by his parents.

"Well?" Bi-Han's voice is low and gentle. "Go on," He ushers me. "Yes, Kuai, spit it out." Hanzo's voice is rough. Impatient. I flinch at Hanzo's tone. Looks like I'm still sensitive to angry voices.
"Hanzo, please!" Bi-Han glares at Hanzo. "Give Kuai a break. The poor man has fallen ill! He is not feeling well!"

Hanzo mutters under his breath, regarding me with a raised eyebrow. I guess that is his way of being 'kinder'. "Just...tell us what you need to say, Kuai." He says this in a less harsher tone, but still sounds fed up.
"I.." I trail off, avoiding eye contact with both of them. "It's about Tundra." I admit.
'Careful,' Tundra chimes in, his voice low.
"Tundra?" Hanzo echoes, looking like this was the last thing he thought I'd admit.

"What about Tundra?" It's Bi-Han's turn to speak, his voice still gentle. He looks just as confused.
"He's...been contacting me." I rush out. "In my head. I...he? has a plan. We need to shut the Cyber Lin Kuei factory down for good. I'll need your guys' help. Please."

They both look dumbfounded, and are both silent.
Somehow, that's a lot worse. I'd prefer them saying something. Anything. "That's...." Hanzo begins. "Not what I expect you to say..." He looks angry again.
"Tundra's been talking to you this whole time?!" He snaps.

Again, I flinch, small icicles covering the back of my hands in fear. "Hanzo, enough." Bi-Han yells, getting in between us. "Why didn't you say something?" Bi-Han asks, refusing to face me and sounding hurt.
"I..." I stammer, backing away. "I don't know! I panicked, okay?!" I cry, tears flowing down.
"Neither of you follow me!" I yell, my voice a mixture of anger and sadness. I bolt off.

"Kuai! Wait! Come back. Let's just talk!" Hanzo calls after me. "Kuai, we didn't mean it like that! We're sorry!"
'Oh, now they suddenly care?' Tundra muses.
I rush outside, not caring that I am barefoot. Once I am far enough from the temple, I get on a low snow covered branch and sob.

Half-frozen tears fall from my eyes as I hyperventilate. "Kuai, come down from there." Hanzo sounds worried now. They followed me, of course they would.
"Please, baby brother." Bi-Han pleads. "You're still sick. You could get worse out here!" I sniff, shivering.

"We'll listen, Kuai. Just come down and we can go back to the temple." Hanzo states.
"I'm not coming down!" I snap, tears still falling.
Now they both sound like parents bickering with one another to get their child down. Well, I am acting childish....
"What can you say that will convince me to come down?" I demand, crossing my legs as I sit on the branch. "We can keep this up all night, you know. Letting Frost and Sektor keep up their plan!"

They both look at each other, then back up at me. This is going to be a long night....