Chapter Thirty-Nine: Flurry Of Emotions

-Kuai's POV- I gasp as I stop in the middle of the snowy woods. The sun had fully set by now.
A branch creaks above me, causing me to glance up. Tundra stares down at me, grinning. I try to focus on the normal side of his face.

"Kuai, you crazy man!" He cackles, clawing at the branch as he lays on his stomach. "You, of all people, decide to follow me? Oh, I'd kiss you for being so kind! But that would just be awkward." He lands in the snow in front of me.
"I'm not here to fight you, Tundra." I say.
"Oh?" He narrows his purple eyes with a grin.
"Then why did you come? To talk? To get away from all the stress back at the temple? Or did you get into a fight with Bi-Han?"
"I followed you to request your aid." I answer calmly.

Tundra bites his bottom lip on the normal side of his face, eyebrow raised in a taunting look. "You want my aid." He repeats, standing so close that I can hear his lungs rasping with each word he speaks.
"The Lin Kuei Cyberization has halted. We don't know if that means something bigger is coming. We—I need all the help I can get."

Tundra sneers, grabbing my chin with his thumb and pointer fingers, the icicle claws lightly pinching my skin as he tilts my head up. "Why do you need my help?" He rasps. "I know you harbor all of my guilt and insecurities. I know that you hate Frost, probably more than you hate Scorpion. You want the Cyberization to end as much as I do. We have to infiltrate the factory again. To take down Frost again. And if that means ripping her spine out, then so be it."

Tundra laughs, causing me to wince, but stand my ground. He lets go of my face. "I knew you would say something like that. Fine. I'll help. But I'll do it in secret. Something tells me your family doesn't want me back there.."
I sigh. "Thank you, Tundra. But when all of this is over, what will you do?"

Tundra yawns, kicking up snow with his bare feet. The icicle claws melt from his fingers, revealing blackened, horribly frost bitten skin down to his knuckles. "Don't know. Might join you in your mind again. Might run off, never to be seen again. That all depends on what you do, Kuai Liang. We are both the same person. But I don't want you to get hurt."

I laugh despite the madness of it all.
"Sounds like you and Bi-Han would get along fairly well, since neither of you want me to get hurt."
For once, Tundra's smile seems genuine.
We both hear Bi-Han calling out for me. I realize that the sun is already rising.
"I should leave. But know this, since we share the same mind, you can communicate with me and vice versa. If you ever need to talk," he taps the side of his head. "I'll be there."

With that said, he vanishes again.
I sigh in relief, thankful that we now have backup incase we need it.