Chapter Forty-Five: Deathsicle

-Kuai's POV- I hug Kana close as we watch Tundra, Bi-Han, and Hanzo prepare to take down the Cyber Factory. Against my better wishes, they all told me to stay here, so I'm safe. I reluctantly agreed, not wanting to stir up conflict.
But that was a lie. I'm going to follow them in secret.

Raiden is taking Kana over to the White Lotus in a few hours, just incase any of the Cyber Lin Kuei decide to attack the temple again.
With a heavy heart, I say goodbye to Bi-Han before they leave. "Good luck out there." I say, feeling tears glaze over my eyes.

Bi-Han pulls me into a hug, making me hug him back tightly. "Don't die on me."
I hear him laugh. "I won't," he croons.
****
Following them all the way to the canyons was not fun. The heat, despite the fact that the sun is setting, still gets to me. I watch them break in with ease.
Tundra is a monster when he fights, since I'm not holding him back.

I rush after them, dodging puddles of blood, oil, and deceased Lin Kuei Cyborgs. I watch them all fight from afar, blending in with the shadows. Instead of being dressed in blue, I'm head to toe in a black version of my normal outfit. Even the sash on my head is black.

Tundra's fighting style is similar to that of an animal. He uses the icicle claws to rip into an enemy's abdomen and yank out their main power supply.
Not going to lie, it's pretty horrifying to watch, even from a distance.

I hear him laughing as he does this, ripping them apart like tissue paper. "Let's go!" He snaps, running to the next room. Bi-Han and Hanzo pause, looking at each other before following. I do the same.
The deeper we get into the factory, the darker it gets.

We all enter the main room where the robots are built. I hide behind a crate and watch them search around. Another door opens near me and Sektor flies in. To my horror, he spots me first, aiming his missile at me.
Fast as lightning, Tundra is immediately at my side, shielding the both of us in a cocoon of ice.

He looks down at me as the cocoon rocks violently.
"What are you doing here?!" He demands.
"I want to help!"
"You can help by leaving. It isn't safe here!" The cocoon starts to crack.
He hovers over me, radiating cold air from being so close to him.
"But..."
"Leave before you do something you regret!" He snaps, forming an ice axe in one hand as the cocoon cracks.

The cocoon splinters apart. Tundra yells and flings the axe into Sektor, jamming the weapon into his shoulder before yanking him down forcefully.
"Go!" Tundra glares at me, eyes glowing purple.
Immediately, a small snowstorm flurries around me, shielding me from any attacks and teleporting me away back to the temple.

Before everything fades to black, I see Bi-Han and Hanzo look at me with shock and fear. Next thing I know, I'm at the White Lotus, not the Lin Kuei Temple. Looks like Tundra teleported me here because it would be safer.

I stumble, looking around. The large temple in front of me stands out against the black sky due to the many lit candles scattered about. White flower petals from the trees flutter down like snow.

With a defeated sigh, I slowly walk over to the entrance and sit on the steps, looking out at the many mountains surrounding the area. "Please," I whisper to no one, feeling white petals getting stuck in my hair. "Please make it back safe."