The Picnic

I was playing around with Gally, again, when I heard Newt say my name.

     "What's up, Newt?" I asked the limping Brit.

     "Minho wants to see you. He said for you to meet him at the Deadheads," he replied.

     "Okay. Later, Gals!" I said to Gally, who laughed at the ridiculous nickname I had just given him.

     While I was waiting for Minho, I started fantasizing about the outside world. Where were my parents? Did I have any siblings? How old was I really? Then I realized I didn't even know what I looked like. My thoughts were interrupted when someone tackled me to the ground from behind.

     "Hello, beautiful," Minho said. I immediately smiled, knowing that it was him.

     "Ugh, get off me! You weigh a ton!" I groaned. Minho remained exactly where he was, pinning me to the ground. "You're squishing me!"

     "Say 'Minho is the greatest human being in the whole entire galaxy,' and then I'll get up," he replied, playfully teasing me.

     "I'm not going to-" I started.

     "Say it!" He joked.

     "Ugh, fine. Minho is the greatest human being in the whole entire galaxy," I said, pushing him off me. "And I love him," I added, standing up on my toes to kiss him.

     "I love you, too, baby," he said embracing me in a tight, warm hug.

     "But my gosh, you weigh, like, a thousand pounds," I teased him.

     "Yeah, maybe. But it's all muscle," he said, lifting his shirt. "I mean look at them abs!"

     "Why date me when you can date your mirror? Bet you think it's twice as pretty," I said, laughing.

     "You know that's not true, Mia. Even though the only other girl I can remember is, like, probably dead, I know that you are the most beautiful girl in the world. But that doesn't matter because you're sweet and funny and caring and sensitive and strong and optimistic and overall... amazing. Though my mirror is pretty sexy, I'd rather die then never see you again," Minho said, making my heart melt.

     "I love you so shucking much, Minho, but I'm not good with words, so... you have a nice face and a pretty swell personality. That's about the best I've got," I said, making him laugh. "So why did you want to see me?"

     "I just wanted to spend time with you. I don't really get to see you since I run the Maze every day. Oh, and I wanted to give you these," he said, handing me a bundle of flowers.

     "Aw, thank you. They're beautiful," I said, kissing him. "I feel bad because you do all of this romantic stuff and I don't do anything."

     "Just the fact that you're with me is enough," Minho whispered. "I have to go map out my section, so meet me in a few minutes for dinner?"

     Right then, I had a great idea. "Um, no. Meet me back here once your done, okay?" I asked.

     "Uh, sure?" He replied as I ran off to go find Frypan.

     "Frypan! Can I have two plates of whatever tonight's dinner is?" I asked, panting.

     "Um, yeah? Why? Are you okay?" He asked handing me the food.

     "Thanks!" I yelled over my shoulder. I gathered some candles and a blanket and set everything up in the forest for me and Minho. Almost on cue, Minho walked over up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

     "Hi, baby," he said, causing me to fall in love all over again.

     "Tada! Like what I did?" I asked, excitedly, gesturing at the picnic.

     "It's amazing," Minho stated, with a smile on his face. We spent the whole night out there- eating, laughing, talking, and just living. When we were walking back to the Homestead, I tripped over a tree root and twisted my ankle.

     "Oh. Ow," I said, not experiencing too much pain.

     "Are you okay? Do I need to take you to the Med-Jacks? You've been there a lot. Are you okay?" Minho asked, helping me up.

     "I'm fine. Or I'll be fine. It kinda hurts to walk on it," I said, starting to limp like Newt. Minho picked me up and held me, bridal style.

     "Problem solved," he replied, smiling and kissing my forehead. I could've stayed like that forever, but we had arrived at the Homestead after a five minute walk.

     "I love you, Minho. Good night," I whisperered as he lowered me onto my bed.

     "I love you, too, Mia. But I love you more.