The Crank City

When I came to, I noticed that we were in a building. I looked around and saw that most people were asleep. My head was still resting on Newt's shoulder.

     I tried to move my hand next to his, but it hurt. "Hey," a deep, British voice whispered. I looked up at Newt. He smiled a weak smile. "You feeling better?"

     "It hurts," I mumbled. "But I guess that's normal if, you know, you get struck by lightning." Newt chuckled.

     "I'm glad you're okay. You were hit worse than Minho," he whispered. "But he's looking better." Then we sat for a couple moments in silence, our backs against the wall.

     "So where are we, exactly?" I asked. I noticed that there was a hole in the ceiling, showing the floor above us, and the one above that, and the one above that, and so on.

     "Well, it's a building," he began.

     "Yeah, yeah, I figured that part out," I teased.

     "Oh haha," he smirked. "But it's in the Crank City. We're going to talk to them again later."

     "Again? How much did I miss?"

     "Well, Minho kinda insulted this guy, Jorge, and, uh, it was hard," Newt explained.

     "Why's everyone still asleep?" I questioned.

     "We were tired, is that okay with you?" Newt smirked at me.

     "That's alright," I replied. St that moment, a young man jumped through the hole in the ceiling.

     "Hola, hermano," he said to us. The man turned to Thomas and motioned for him to come. Thomas stood up and followed him down a hallway.

     "Is that the guy?" I whispered. Newt nodded. By now, most people were awake. I was approached by a couple people (you know, Frypan, Winston, Minho, and Clint) who asked if I was okay.

     Then, Thomas and the guy came back.

     "Mia! You're okay!" Thomas cried. I blushed a little.

     "Uh, yeah. So what's going on with...?" I asked, motioning to the guy.

     "Oh, yeah, uh," Thomas began. "Well, it's about Minho."

     "Me?" Minho asked. I could tell that he was truly worried.

     "Yeah, uh, they're, uh, they're going to cut off some of your fingers."