Part 18

Third person POV

After a few weaks Laura Hillcraft slowly started to get back to normal. She was more present in the school, and everyone was happy to see it. She is traumatised for life, that's for sure, but for now, she's doing better.

My POV

'Wake up! Wake up Laura!' I heard Hermiones voice. I groan. 'What?' 'It's Christmas!' She said happily. I smile and jump out of bed. 'Let's go to the boys dorm to unpack our gifts!' I smile, and take the huge pile of presents with me to the boys dorm. Harry and Ron are already awake, and unpacked a few of their presents. 'Goodmorning!' I said. They smiled and blushed at the fact that there were girls in their dorm (well, actually they were blushing over Laura being in their dorm, but she doesn't know that ;)).

Ron gasped at the sight of my presents. 'You got so many!' He says. I smile. He's right, I definately got the most presents of them all. We started unpacking, and I got a few pretty nice things: I got a Weasley sweater and candy from mrs. Weasley, some prank stuff from Fred and George, a book from Hermione (it's about magical creatures, I love it!), some candy from Ron, a necklace from Draco (it has a silver snake on it and it's beautiful), self-baked cookies from Hagrid, a ring from Harry (it has a ruby on it), a photo album from Colin (that's actually very sweet from him) and some stuff from other people I know (they mostly gave me chocolate).

AN: these are the necklace and ring she got:

But then my eye falls on a note, attached to a rose. I take it and read what it says: You're the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Merry Christmas!

I blush at the comment, and Hermione notices. She gives me a glance and yells: 'What's wrong Laura? You have a secret admirer or something?' My cheeks turn even redden as I stutter: 'N-no...' Hermione screams in exitement. 'Let me read it!' She commands. I turn over the paper, and after Hermione read it she swoons. 'That's so romantic!' I am still blushing really hard at the thought of anyone liking me. The boys don't seem to be as happy as Hermione. 'It's probably some sort of joke,' I say. 'Yeah sure,' Hermione says sarcastically. I give her a glance and we decide to go to the Great Hall for breakfast.

I must say: Christmas at Hogwarts is heaven!

I am not here with my thoughts, and the twins notice. 'What's wrong with...' 'out favorite Griffindor?' They ask. I look up, and sigh. 'It's just... this was gonna be my first Christmas with my parents after the three years I wasn't at home...' I say sadly. They look at me symathetically. 'Luckily we know something...' 'that will take your mind off of it.' They say. 'Follow us!'

They are taking me to the kitchens of Hogwarts. Wow. I have never been here before, but I sure as hell am gonna come here more often. I smile at the twins, and they look satisfied now they've made me smile. We ask for icecream and one of the house elves brings it to us. 'Thanks,' I say with a smile. The house elve bows. 'It's an honour to serve you, miss Hillcraft!'

While we finished our icecream, they were joking and making me laugh. After that, we went back to the common room where the trio was too. We sat down and talked for the entire day. It was amazing!

'Let's go say merry Christmas to Hagrid,' I say to the trio. They nod in agreement, and we make our way to Hagrid. 'Merry Christmas Hagrid!' The three of us say. We know Hagrid isn't in a good mood because of what's gonna happen to Buckbeak, so we decided to cheer him up. We talked for a while, and after that, I asked: 'Could I see Buckbeak? I missed the lesson you took him to, and I'm pretty curious.' Hagrid gave me a smile, and took me outside where I saw the gorgeous beast. 'You three can go inside, I'll be right there,' I said to the trio. They nod and said goodbye.

I gasped. 'He's beautiful!' I say amazed. Hagrids smile turns even bigger. 'I know, right? It's so terrible what they're gonna do to him,' he says in a sad voice. 'Yes, that's true. But you should stop being so sad already. First, you have to enjoy the time you have left with him.' He nods and smiles. 'Yer right, Laura. If you bow to him and he bows back you can approach him.' My eyes sparkle in exitement. Nervously I bow to the creature, and it immediately bows back. I smile.

'Now you can ride him if you want.' Hagrid said. 'I would love to!' Hagrid helps me on Buckbeaks back, and makes him fly. 'Oh Merlin this is so cool!' I say. 'I know right? Flying never gets old.' I look around surprised. Where did that voice come from? Then I realise something: I can talk to creatures now. 'It's so amazing that I can talk to you! I'm still not used to it,' I laugh. 'Wanna go fly a little lower?' Buckbeak asks. 'Yes!' I say. We fly over the lake, and he goes a little lower. I stretch my hand so I can touch the water. This cold feeling through my hand is amazing...

It stays quiet for a while. 'Do you know what's gonna happen to you?' I ask him softly. 'Yes, unfortunately I do,' he says. 'They are gonna kill me, right? For "attacking" that blonde boy.' 'Yes,' I whisper. 'But I won't let them. I'll help you escape.' I said confident. But Buckbeaks disagrees. 'You will only get in trouble. I don't want you to do that.' He states. 'But I don't want you to die!' I yell.

'Thank you for saying that to Hagrid by the way,' Buckbeak says as we are heading back. 'Ofcourse, no problem. I get that he's sad, he has every right to be, but he shouldn't get drunk and all sad when he should be spending his time with you.' I say. 'I'll come back sometime. Is that okay?' 'Yes ofcourse!' He says happily. I laugh. 'Thank you for everything,' he says. 'No problem.'

When I walk back to the castle, it's already getting dark. I'm not supposed to be out this late... I felt a hand on my shoulder and I quickly spun around, afraid that it was a teacher. Luckily it wasn't. 'Oliver!' I shout relieved when I see the cute boy. 'You scared me!' 'I'm sorry,' he laughs. 'What are you doing out so late?' he asks. 'I was spending some time with Hagrid and his hippogriff,' I answered. 'And what's your excuse?' 'I was on the Quidditch field.' He says. 'Ofcourse you were, why did I even ask that?' I laughed. He laughs too, and says: 'I'm not supposed to be out this late, could you please not tell anyone about this?' 'Ofcourse not, I'm not supposed to be out this late eighter. Your secret is safe with me,' I wink. It might be my imagination, but I think I saw his cheeks turn slightly red.

'I wanted to give you something,' he said when we were back in the common room. 'A present.' He smiles at me while he hands it over. I unpack it and find a red hoodie with the Griffindor logo on it. 'Thanks Oliver!' I smile. 'I love it!' He blushes, and we both say goodnight.

AN: this is the hoodie he gave you: