Chapter 5: Sinner and Saints

Serena rolls in bed as she was sleeping off the witches attack against her, Eric watches her sleep peacefully, he reaches out and brushes back her hair from her face. He then heard Klaus return from the Quarter. He heard that Sophie was also with him. He growls and walks out of the room and enters the living room. "You have five minutes to explain what the hell happened last night!!" he shouts at Sophie, she sinks back into her chair as he storms into the room.

Rebekah vamps up at him, placing her hands on his chest. "Calm down, Eric," she tells her. "Calm down?! You're telling me to calm down when the damn witches try and murder my sister?!" he questions, going to charge again, "Listen, what happened last night, I had no part of. I'm linked to Hayley and Serena, remember." she informs him, he was stiff in his spot as he glares at her. "If they die, I die," she states as Klaus was pacing back and forth. "We had a deal, little witch. We work with you and in return, you lot protect Serena and the babies." Klaus reminds her.

Sophie held up her hands "I swear, I had no part in what happened." she informs them, then Eric plots down onto the couch. "Then start talking witch, who in the sam hell were they?!" he growls, twitching his leg. "They are a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision, she had about the babies." Sophie answers him. Then Klaus sat down as well. "What kind of vision?" he asks her, "She has them all the time. they're totally open to interpretation, I'm guessing she's wrong on this one." she states as she leans against the chair. "Then how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?" Klaus asks as he leans forward in his chair. Sophie cringes a little. "Pretty much that your babies will bring death to all witches," she answers.

Both Klaus and Eric smirk. "Ah, well, I grow fonder of this child by the second," Klaus states as he leans back. "Well, they are going to inherit some traits from the mother, I love it." Eric states and Sophie frowns at them. Then Rebekah sits down next to Eric, "Sophie, look, I promised Elijah that I would protect Hayley and the Mikaelson miracle baby, whilst he tries to win over your witch Davina's loyalty." Rebekah informs her as she got Sophie's attention, Eric arches his eyebrow at her in suspicion "Why don't you just tell me how extreme this faction is?" Rebekah asks nicely "Elijah's talking to Davina?" Sophie asks her, "Yeah, as we speak, I imagine." Rebekah answers as she leans back and Eric sat up. "I'm guessing she'll have plenty to say about that crowd," Sophie states, making him narrow his eyes at her. "Have something you're not telling us?" he questions her, she looks at him as Klaus leans back in the couch. "Do tell," he states.

Then Sophie exhales. "I wasn't always an advocate for the witches." she states, making Eric smirk at her, "Let me guess, the rebel? A party girl that was never one for rules?" he states, making her sigh and nod at him. "My sister was devoted like our parents, and our upbringing was very strict, which drove me nuts. The minute I turned 21 I left the Quarter to travel... and play." she states, Klaus and Eric's exchange looks. "But I wanted to be a chef, so I came back to Rousseau's," she states then closes her eyes for a moment.

~Flashback~

8 months ago...

Sophie was partying it up in Rousseau's, everyone celebrating, drinking and dancing to the music. Sophie was sitting on the counter with a shot bottle in her hand. "Everyone drink up, this is how they party in Rio!" she shouts out to the crowd and they cheered for her.

Then the door opens up and Jane-Anne walks into the restaurant as Sophie was dancing and coughing. But then spotted her sister. "Jane-Anne!" she shouts with a smile. Then jogs over to the bar, setting the bottle down. "Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey," she said with a smile. "That wasn't me." she jokes then hugs her sister "Hey, how are you," she asks then pulls back. "Welcome home, Soph," she said to her then looks back at the others. "Can we go somewhere and talk?" she asks her.