Chapter 21: The Battle for New Orleans

In the middle of the night, Jackson drove his car down the road. Oliver sat in the passenger seat as Elliot sat in the back with the bag full of stones. Then Oliver looks into the back, eyeing the bag of stones. "Lot of driving for a bag of rocks," he states, Elliot smirks and looks out at the window. "We'll be in the quarter by dawn," Jackson assures him.

Then Oliver frowns, "You sure the Hybrid will do his part?" he questions him and Elliot shot a look up at Jackson as they both were smirking. "Serena will make sure of that," he assures him. Then Oliver scuffs "Yeah. I forgot your girlfriend has him wrapped around her finger. I'm sure your fiancee loves seeing you two together." he groans.

Elliot then glares at the back of his seat as Jackson frowns at him "You know, Ollie, I love you like a brother, but if you don't lay of Serena, we're going to have a problem." Jackson warns him, shooting him a glare. "A big problem," Elliot warns him as well. "Pay attention, Romeo," Oliver states as Jackson looks back and saw cops blocking the road.

Then he slowed down the car, coming to a stop. "All right. Relax. We ain't done anything." he assures them. "Be careful," Elliot warns him. Jackson nods at him and rolls down his window, leaning his head out. "Evening officers," Jackson calls out. "Step out of the car, all of you," he orders them. "What's this about?" Jackson asks him. Elliot looks out them and his eyes widen in shock as the officers pull out their guns and aim them at the car. "Jack, they're compelled," Elliot warns them.

Jackson pulls back in as they put up their hands and Marcel walks out from the shadows. "I think you should do as the man says." he states as Diego was with him, and then the two frown "Before things take a nasty turn," he states and Elliot glares at him.

~8~8~8~

Serena laid asleep in her room, listening to the voices sing her to sleep. The voices were soothing, the were calm and they were safe. But they also spoke of secrets hiding in the dark. Plots waiting to spring out at the right moment and of lies that were being spread.

She then shot her eyes open and slowly sat up in bed, she then walks to the glass doors and opens them to her balcony. She walks out and enjoys the cool breeze. Serena then looks over her shoulder and notices the wolf behind her and he bows before her. "Keep your eyes peeled and don't trust Francesca or her people, same applies to the Genevieve and her witches and Marcel and the vampires," she warns him.

Then she looks away from him, "War's brewing and I done want the Crescent wolves or our people in the middle of their fighting." she informs him. He nods and was flashes away from her sight. Serena then turns back to the city and leans against the rails.

~8~8~8~

Cami stood in Rousseau's, decoding the hidden message from the code from the small box that Kieran had hidden from supernatural, but then Francesca's men came into the bar and escorted everyone out, getting her attention. "Hey! Hey what are you--" she calls out walking up to them. "I tried to be nice about this," Francesca calls out, Cami then quickly hides the book in her back pocket and covers it.

She then glares at the woman. "Who the hell do you think you are?" she questions her. "I am the new owner of this gumbo shack. Ink is not dry on the contract yet, but I can tell you I got it cheap. Business is not what it use to be since Sophie Deveraux kicked the bucket." Francesca states as she walks past her and one of her men closes the doors and locked them. "Look. I don't want any trouble." Cami informs her, "I don't really care what you want. Let's talk about what I want." Francesca informs her as she turns back to her. "Right. My uncle's key. You said you were going to use it to protect the innocents of the city." she states as Francesca circles her. "Seems pretty ironic given your line of work." she snaps back at her.