Chapter 18: The Big Uneasy

Eric walks through the French Quarter, heading towards the Mikaelson manor. But then he stops as he heard construction coming from inside the building. He walks in and saw men drilling a hole. Cringes at the sound of the drill as his ears were still sensitive to sound. Elijah then turns to him and smirks "Good morning, Eric, how have you been?" he asks, walking over to him. "Fine, I guess. Are you remodeling?" he asks him.

Elijah looks back at the men and nods, "Yes. Marcel has abused our home and therefore, it needs to be... remodeled." he answers, Eric nods at him. "Nice, but I would keep it down, you do know how Nik can be in the mornings if he's not already up," he states. "Enough with all the racket!" Klaus calls out as Genevieve walks out behind him. "There he is," Eric states as they both looked up at him. "Is there a problem, brother?" Elijah asks him, stepping forward. "Gentlemen, please," he asks and the men place their tools down and walk off.

Then Klaus walks to the stairs with Genevieve trailing after him, "I agreed to a general sprucing up, not a bloody 3-ring circus." he states, walking down the stairs. Genevieve locks her eyes with Eric and winks at him, but he rolls his eyes in disgust. "Marcel and his minions abused our home for the better part of a century. Now, you might be content to live in squalor. I'm not." Elijah informs him as Eric looks at the compound. "And it does look like a dump here," he states and Klaus shot him a glare.

Eric looks at him and shrugs, "What? It's true." he states, feeling no shame in telling the truth. "I agree with your brother and Eric." Genevieve states and Klaus looks up at her "It's a new era in the French Quarter. This place out use a makeover." she states and Eric shook his head. "Careful, Elijah. When this one agrees with you, it's a sure sign that she wants something." Klaus warns him with a smirk. "She's a witch, they always want something," Eric said with a glare at Genevieve.

She just smirks at him, blowing him a kiss, but he dodges the kiss and shivers at the mere thought. "Actually... I do have one request," she states and turns to Elijah. "I'm been told our coven hasn't been able to celebrate Feast Days in the open since Marcel restricted the use of magic," she informs him. Eric crosses his arms and glares at her. "Now with the new peace, I'd like to change that," she states and Elijah exchanged looks with Eric, who huffs. "Am I assume that you have a certain Feast Day in mind?" Elijah asks as he looks back at her. "The Fete Des Benedictions," she answers and the Mikaelsons just chuckled a little.

Eric narrows his eyes at her, "Feast of the Blessings. In the past, members of the community offered witches gifts in exchange for blessings. We'd like to use it as a forum for introducing our young harvest girls to society." she informs him, but Elijah crosses his arms at her as Eric did as well. "So your coven attempted to destroy my family and you yourself held my siblings in unspeakable torment, not to mention you have driven a wedge between my brother and Serena, making impossible for either one of them to speak to each other, let alone be in the same room," he informs her.

Genevieve felt uneasy about the Klaus and Serena drama, as the two refused to be within miles of each other. "And you would like a party for the witches." Elijah states and Klaus just chuckles as he wasn't bothered. Eric glares at him, "I made my amends with your brother." she states, Eric huffs, "A few times in the bed, I don't doubt." he snaps, but she smirks at him and looks at Elijah, "Why don't you think it over?" she offers and walks away.

Once she was gone, the two lock their eyes on Klaus. "Oh, don't be such a stiff, you two," he states, walking over to them. "The tourist love a good festival. Besides, what better way to cement the solidarity than a show of Faith towards a onetime enemy?" Klaus states and Eric tilts his head. "A one-time enemy whit whom you've grown rather nauseatingly intimate." Elijah states. "That onetime enemy can easily turn on us whenever it suits them." he reminds him and Klaus just laughs, patting his shoulder. "Well, who said maintaining alliances can't be fun?" Klaus questions.