Chapter 19: An Unblinking Death

Eric looks down at Kieran as he was at his breaking point, but his magic was keeping him calm, then he saw Camille walk into the room and next to him, "How is he?" he asks her and he sighs at her. "Getting worse," he answers her.

She exhales at him and nods, "How long?" she asks and he looks at her, "Days. Hours tops." he answer her and she sighs. "There has to be some way to help him," she states. Eric rubs the back of his neck. "I don't think anyone can help him now, Camille," he informs her.

Camille shot him a glare, "I am not giving up on him." she states and he sighs "Cami, he can't be helped because of this hex on him." he informs her. But she crosses her arms and paces. "And if I'm right, Genevieve wants to see you suffer for this because she has it in her mind that that you have a thing for Nik and I'm going to betray him, so she's going a kick out of this," he states and Camille rolls her eyes at him. "That's crazy." she states and Eric sighs, "Try telling her that," he states.

Then paces around the room "Now she and the witches are up to something wrong, diabolical and sinister." he states and she looks at him, confused on his words. But then Kieran gasp awake and the two looked at him.

~8~8~8~

Back in the Bayou, Eve was in the shack with Hayley and Serena as the two were laying on the ground and Eve was sitting in front of them. "That's it," Eve instructs them as they were practicing their breathing. "Inhale and release," she states and then exhaled. "I guess this means no epidural, huh?" Hayley asks her. Eve just smirks at her. "You sure I can't do this thing in, say, a hospital, you know, the place with the doctors and the drugs?" Hayley asks.

Eve just smiles at the two of them, "Honey, the werewolves have been having babies out here since before you were born." she states then Serena smirks. "And how many of those babies were hybrids?" she asks her and Eve chuckles at her. "Stop worrying," she informs her. They both groan and sat up. "Ok," Hayley whines as Serena ruffles her hair a little. "Then what, Eve?" Hayley questions her as Serena rubs her belly. "We've don't know the first thing about being mothers, let alone be mothers," she states with fear in her voice.

But Eve just smiles at them, "Trust me, when the time comes, you'll know exactly what to do." she assures them, "I hope so. As fun as it is to image Klaus changing dirty diapers, I'm pretty sure we're be doing this alone." Hayley states, making Serena giggle at her "I somehow doubt that." Eve said to both of them. They both tilted their heads at her, then Elijah walks into the shack and looks down at Hayley. Serena smirks at him and looks away. "Pardon the interruption," he states as the two girls looked at him.

Hayley looks away and Serena shoves her shoulder, Hayley looks at her as she wiggles her eyebrow at her. She smirks and shoves her shoulder a little. "I wonder if I might have a quick word with the conspirators of a supposed uprising," he asks and the three girls exchanged looks.

~8~8~8~

They walk into the community house, where Jackson, Oliver, and Elliot meet them and the two girls walk over to their side. Then Elijah removes his scarf, "You're making a grave mistake." he informs them and Oliver chuckles to himself as Elliot exchanged looks with Serena. "So you're just worried about us, is that it?" he questions him and turns away. "Look, Elijah. We know all about your brother's reputation," Jackson informs him.

Then Elijah removes his jacket as Hayley kept her eyes on Elijah. "But if there is even a chance. That these rings can help us take control of our curse..." Jackson states. "Our gift." Oliver corrects him, Elliot shot him a quick look then back at Elijah "Then, honestly, we don't care what he's really after. won't have to." Jackson assures him. "I see. Well, there are those in the quarter who will consider this a great provocation." Elijah states then Oliver rolls his eyes at him, "Apparently, most of them see us breathing the same way." he states.