Chapter 15

A full moon, glowing in the night sky with the cool wind blowing against BamBam's skin gave him goosebumps from his head down to his toes.

Tonight was the night. He was leaving the palace and the city of Hanseop, for good. In his head, he thought of multiple scenarios to escape this odd situation he was in. Run away to be with his friends and family again, but he knew the guilt would eat him alive. BamBam was not afraid of getting caught by palace guards if he escaped. The true horror was leaving Jennie behind when she saved him from death himself.

The girl who resembled a fierce cat has supported BamBam since the first day they met. Wandering eyes and unfriendly whispers taunted him; however, Jennie allowed him to feel comfortable not only with her words, but her actions. When people treated him differently, Jennie immediately spoke up, not tolerating disrespect towards BamBam, who she begun to care for like a sibling.

In a weird way, she reminded him of Lisa. He believed it was one of the reasons why he got along with her so quickly. Both women were equally important to him, but his decision to stay with Jennie was because he owed it to her — he owed her his life.

In a short amount of time, Jennie and BamBam friendship blossomed. Late night discussions of his traumatic experiences in Nailand created an unlikely and surprising bond between the two. Ignorance was thrown out the window because she learned the true reality of being a Nai in Korea. As a young child, she was told horrible stories about the wars between Nailand and Korea, and her perception of Nai's were tainted because she was brainwashed to hate them. Honestly, she had no idea why she saved BamBam. Jennie could have left him for dead, but something in her her heart screamed for her to help him.

Acknowledging BamBam's painful memories allowed Jennie to open up to him, which was difficult at first, because the only one who was aware of her difficult past was Namjoon. Her royal guard has been serving her for over ten years, protecting and caring for her well-being, and she was grateful for him. Without Namjoon by her side, she would have never gained the confidence to stand on her own like she was now.

However, the love she feels for Namjoon was different than the love she has for Yoongi. With Namjoon, she feels secured, like she can do anything as a princess. She has love for him — similar to a brother-sister relationship. However, with Yoongi, Jennie feels at peace with the world. When they are together, the world stops moving, both ignoring everyone else and only basking in each other's love. His affection makes her feel like a burst of energy is stuck in her body, patiently waiting to burst and explode, releasing all the love she consumes when he's around her. He brings out the best in her. And for that, she is in love with him.

In his line of vision, Jungkook and Jennie were hugging goodbye, and BamBam was still in awe that he was the King. He chuckled to himself, covering his smile with his hand, remembering how strange he thought Jungkook was for wearing something to cover his face the first time they met.

He wondered if Jungkook knew the truth about Lisa. The news about Nai's living amongst Koreans with freedom and peace in this country shocked him. When Jungkook saw BamBam with his blonde hair, he was indeed shocked and curious about his sudden hair color change. But, never judged or seemed uncomfortable around him.

BamBam grew suspicious, only because he figured the law changing was not for his sake, but for a certain someone. Only one person could change the mind of the King, the ruler of Korea.

Since the first moment he caught Jungkook's eyes, they were always looking at Lisa. From their first interaction, BamBam could tell Jungkook was infatuated with his best friend. Not only Jungkook, but BamBam could see glimpses of light in Lisa's eyes whenever she was around Jungkook. It was only a day, Lisa's birthday, but it was like they were destined to be together.