Chapter 20

Memories.

Whether they were good or bad. Since childhood, she desperately hung onto them because they were the only thing that kept her going.

The faintest but best memory with her parents was when they would go stargazing.

She would sit on her father's lap and hold her mother's hand as they told her stories of the Gods and Goddesses who live in the sky.

"Are those giant fireflies, Mommy?"

Lisa's mother chuckled at her daughter whose eyes were mesmerized by the 'fireflies' in the sky. The woman poked between her eyebrows, making them furrow, and she lovingly smiled at the little girl.

"Not fireflies, but powerful Gods and Goddesses."

"Whoa!" Lisa squealed, clapping her hands together, then pointed at a group of stars. "What are their names?"

"You see that star next to the moon?" Her father asked, pointing at the large moon next to a small star. The eight year olds eyes shimmered brightly at the beautiful lights in the sky.

"The moon is named Magnus and the small one next to it is named Filomena," he took her small hands in his own and pointed at the stars so she could get a better look at them. "They are lovers."

"Lovers? What's that?" Lisa asked curiously.

Both parents quietly giggled at her naiveness, but also forgetting she's only a child.

"Lovers are people like mommy and daddy. People who love each other very much." They looked at each other with doting eyes and her father couldn't help but to kiss his wife's forehead.

Lisa shyly laughed at their affection towards one another and stuck her tongue out, "Gross."

"Do you want to hear a story about the star-crossed lovers?"

The blonde little girl nodded excitedly.

Her father continued, "Magnus was the God of Power. Every where he went, he exuded this energy that people wanted. It's like he was a King. Filomena, on the other hand, was the Goddess of War. One of the most powerful warriors in their world. Someone who could fight a eight-headed dragon with ease.

"At first, the God and Goddess did not get along because of their families. Magnus's family was accompanied with raven-haired and dark eyes. But, Filomena's family was the opposite with bright blonde hair and light eyes."

"Filomena looks like us, Daddy!"

"Yes," he smiled at his daughter and curled her baby hair behind her ear. "According to an old tale, we are descendants of Filomena. And Koreans are descendants of Magnus. This is why two of them did not get along.

"However, Magnus fell in love with Filomena when she saved him from death and she too fell in love with him as time wore on. But, it was not an easy rode for them. Their family did not agree with their affair, even tried to separate the two, but they ran away so they could stay together.

"The star-crossed lovers became figures in the night, promising that during their lifetime, they would never leave each others side."