24. GOD OF DARKNESS

Jin's POV

I woke up without Taehyung by my side. I look for him and found a note.

"Jinnie, I'm on my old apartment. I'll be back later okay? I love you."

I smiled at the note. Even in the midst of the storm Taehyung never failed to cast light on my life. Since that threat earlier. I realized one more thing aside from the love Taehyung has for me.

I realized I love this baby. No matter who the father of this child is. All i know is I love this child. Not only that I feared for my self but the thought of losing this baby if ever I get hurt sent me to the edge and made me panic. I don't know what changed, but maybe it's because of Taehyung's reassurance that he loves me and this child and called it his own changed me. It changed my point of view.

Since I've got nothing to do I started to clean my room. Not that it's dirty I just have nothing to do anymore. I saw my diary, the one that Taehyung read. I flipped it open and read some of it's contents. There are still things thay bewildered me. Taehyung said he hasn't read all of it. He said he can't. I understand. But there are some things in here that I can't seem to comprehend.

I wrote fragments of my memory of that night whenever I remembered something.

"Erebus, Nix, and Hypnos"

Who are you? What does it have to do with me?

====

Taehyung's POV

After I made sure that Jin was okay and tucked to sleep I went back to my previous apartment. I didn't got rid of it yet. I have many important things here. Things that I haven't allowed anyone to know, not even Jin knows about this stuff. But if I have to make this side of me known just to keep Jin safe I would do it.

I was rummaging through my things and I found what I was looking for. I pulled out my suitcase and opened it. There I found my gun. It has a name carved out on it. "Erebus". It was first of my many collections and in no time I gathered every piece of weapon I have. May it be knives, guns up to katanas name it. I have them all. I once lived a dangerous life. I was 13 years old when I started engaging in frat wars and street fights. The young me was so thrilled to have pleasure whenever I know that I can inflict pain to someone. My parents - my real parents died a long time ago. The one I go to Daegu was my Aunt, my mother's sister. They cared for me. A lot. But I neglected it. I seek freedom and independence. But as I was seeking that I got trapped and put myself in a greater danger.

I don't know when it started but I joined the assassin's league. I was a skilled fighter, good in hand to hand combat no, I was good at everything. If I remembered it right they saw my skills in one of those fights that I joined in and that's where it started. I was trained and became the best of my batch. We wore masks during training sessions so our identity was not revealed. We were only given a name to use and mine was Erebus.

I was trained to kill. At first I didn't mind, I was going to kill the bad guys anyway. That's our job. We kill the bad people. We don't kill just because we were paid. We kill because that person has done something against the government or harmed someone. But eventually I got tired and had to get out of the league. And since then I buried those side of me to everyone. But I guess I need to rekindle that old fire for the sake of Jin. Now that someone has been threatening him, I wouldn't just watch and let the police do that. I have done enough waiting. I have my limits too.

I picked my phone and dialled someone.

"Hypnos, I need your help."

"Asshole! Why are you using that name. That was long forgotten! What is it this time?"

"We'll find someone named Jungkook. No more questions. I'll avenge Jin. Even if this means we need to use our old connections."

"Count me in. I'm also tired of waiting."

"Good. We'll start hunting them down. One by one. No one's coming out alive."