Chapter 13: The Fight Continues

Tori: What's wrong with him Professor?

Petra: That's the thing Tori. I don't know.

Matt: What do you mean, you don't know?

Petra: I've never seen anything like this before! I have no idea how to help Ryan.

Emily: Emilia said something about getting his energy back over time. What about that?

Petra: Oh, that is definitely not right. I will find out how to wake Ryan up. Meanwhile, I think Alex here has a fight to be ready for in an hour. 

Alex: What! Who cares about the fight!

Petra: That's the same thing Ryan said, when Matt was paralyzed. But you need to keep fighting. Just like Ryan did.

Matt: The professor's right. We can all train together if you would like.

Alex: Okay.

Matt, Alex, Anthony, Emily, and Sophia made their way out of the bunker, leaving Tori, the Professor, and a almost dead Ryan in the room. 

Tori: Please tell me there is something you can do Professor.

Petra: I'm sorry Tori. Emilia will give Ryan small doses of healing magic, but that's all right now, until I can study this.

Tori activated her powers. She tried to heal Ryan, but to no avail. 

Petra: I'm going to head to the lab. You should go with the others.

Tori: I'll stay here Professor. Someone might as well take first shift.

( MEANWHILE )

Matt and the first years train in campus. Aaron walks over.

Aaron: What are you dorks doing?

Alex: Training, for the fight later. What do you think I'm doing. 

Aaron: It doesn't matter to me. 

Alex: Your such a jerk!

Aaron: Wow.You sound so much like that dork Ryan. Where is he and his girlfriend anyway?

Matt: Ryan's in some kind of coma thing. Tori is in first watch.

Aaron: Okay, whatever. 

Aaron leaves the area where they were training.

Matt: I can't even believe your Aaron's brother. Your like, nothing alike!

Alex: Trust me. I know.

Anthony: I think your fight is starting now, you should get going.

Alex: Your right, see you guys later.

( ONE HOUR LATER )

Alex walked up to the table where Matt and Anthony were sitting in the cafe.

Anthony: Hey Alex. Did you will your fight?

Alex: If course I did. 😎

Matt: Cool. 

Alex: Any word on Ryan?

Matt: No. Emily is watching right now. Tori just got off shift. I'm next. Actually, I should be going there right now. 

Alex: I'll join you. 

Anthony: I'll come too.

The three of them walked to the bunker. Emily was sitting on the chair next to the bed Ryan was in. 

Alex: Hey Emily. Any change in Ryan's status?

Emily: Nothing. Just the same as it's been.

Anthony: I can't stop feeling like this is somehow my fault.

Matt: Don't even say that. It's not your fault. 

Emily: Has anyone seen Tori and Sophia?

Alex: I think they were doing something in one of their dorms.

( MEANWHILE )

Sophia: Are you sure you want to do this Tori?

Tori: Yes. I need to figure out what Ryan did to himself to get practically killed. If I do, I might be able to better heal him.

Sophia: Okay.

Sophia teleported Tori and herself to the lab. Once they get there Tori walks over to the computer.

Sophia: What are you doing?

Tori: I'm checking the files and video feed. Hopefully there is a camera that caught what Ryan did.

Tori scans around the computer looking for the right file. See finally comes to the camera near the hill to the left wing of campus. She watches to the video carefully.

Tori: *gasp* Ryan you idiot!

Sophia: What is it Tori?

Tori: Ryan.. He -he made himself lose control. He knew he could cause a blast strong enough to wipe out the ice, but only if he had enough power. 

Sophia: So, went Ryan loses control, his power like doubles?

Tori: No. It triples.

Sophia: We should probably meet the other it the infirmary. We would want to make them nervous.

Tori: Your right. I'm just glad I got the information I needed. Thanks for helping.

Sophia: No problem.

Tori and Sophia walked to the infirmary. They thought it would be better then just teleporting, because Sophia was so exhausted, Tori though she was going to pass out. They arrived at the hospital just before everyone was leaving. Slade walks into the room. 

Slade: You guys should study for that science test. It is one of the more important test you'll take this semester.

Anthony: Okay Slade. But what about Ryan? Who will watch over him?

Slade: The professor will be here soon. It will only be for a little while, so there is nothing to worry about.

Matt: Okay. I trust you Slade.

Slade and the other students walked out of the room.

Matt's P.O.V.

Matt: Okay. I trust you Slade.

That is what Matt has told him, but he weren't so sure. Ryan was there for him when he was paralyzed, so why shouldn't Matt be there for Ryan. But, despite feeling this way, Matt complies to what Slade has instructed him to do. Matt is the last one out of the room.

Matt: Wait! I left my lunch leftovers in the room.

Matt runs back to the room and as he heads out, he feels a faint rumble. Faint, yet still, Matt can make out the sound. It was most likely nothing he thinks to himself. Matt exists the room. There is a second rumble. This time Matt doesn't hear it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for reading. I want to give a shout out to my sisters, StephanieDS123321 and Sydney123321123321, and Wolva1 for following commenting, and voting!!!. Thank you so much for following and leaving a comment. It is greatly appreciated! 😁