Chapter 24: Alex.... The Hacker?!

Matt and Tori stand in the dorm. They hung up the phone, unsure of how to react.

Matt: What was that?

Tori: I don't know, but it sounds like Ryan is in trouble.

Matt: Your right. What should we do now?

Tori: Let's go find the Professor. Maybe he could help us.

Matt: Okay.

( 20 MINUTES LATER )

Matt and Tori walked into the lab. Their, they found Petra at his desk, looking something up. They walked up to him.

Tori: Hi Professor.

Petra: Hello Tori. Matt. How can I help you guys.

Matt: Well we where looking in Ryan's dorm, and we got a phone from a random person. It sound like a lot a banging and arguing. We think Ryan might have been trying to contact us, some how.

Tori: Wow, you figured that all out by yourself. I'm impressed.

Matt: Please. I'm smart. I've just been holding back on this genius!

Petra: Please stop your bickering. We need to follow this lead. I'll look into it. I believe you have a class starting soon.

Matt: What?! We have to go to class! Ryan just went missing! And we are going to class!

Petra: Matt. If a bunch of our students don't show up to class, it could cause chaos and panic among the students. We just can't have that happening.

Matt: Fine....

Tori: We should get going, don't want to be late.

Matt grudgingly walked out of the room, with Tori practically forcing him to keep walking. Once the doors shut behind them, Petra got to work on his computer.

( LATER ON CLASS )

Slade: Good afternoon class. Today we will be discussing how healers can transfer ones energy to another person. This would be useful for weakening your opponent, while strengthening your partner.....

Matt: *muttering* blah blah blah. Why am I listening to this?

Slade: .....What was that you said Matt?

Matt: Oh nothing Sla- Mr.Slade!

Slade: I was just about to give the class a demonstration. Thank you so much for volunteering to help. Tori, you are very advanced, so I don't think that you'll have any trouble with this maneuver. Could you also come help. And you too Kevin.

Tori and Kevin gladly walked down the stairs. On the other hand, Matt glared daggers at Aaron, who was trying so desperately to hold back a laugh.

Slade: Okay, I want all of you to activate your runes. Then Tori, I want you to focus your mind, on the center of Matt energy. Then take that energy a focus it on Kevin.

Tori did as Slade told her. After doing so, Slade turned to face her.

Slade: Great job Tori. You are doing fantastic.

After Tori finished, she sat down, exhausted, but a more exhausted Matt, slumped onto the floor.

Slade: Um......

( AT THE END OF CLASS )

Slade: Tori, may I have a word?

Tori: Sure, what is it Slade.

Slade: I wanted to let you know that I was very impressed. I've never been able to see anyone successfully complete that their first try.

Tori: Oh, Thank you Slade. I got to get going. I told the Professor and the others that I would meet them in the lab later... To discuss.. you know...

Slade: It's no problem.

With that Tori left the classroom and began walking to the lab.

( AT THE LAB )

Tori: So, have you guys found out anything about Ryan's location?

Anthony: We haven't. But I heard about that phone call you got. Any leads on that?

Petra: Well, unless any of you know how to track a phone call, I have no ideas.

Sophia: Aren't you really smart though. Wouldn't you know how to track a call?

Petra: It's one of the few things I don't know how to do. I came create life saving devices, but hacking isn't my strong suit.

No one spoke up, and then Anthony's phone ringed. He pulls the phone out of his pocket.

Anthony: Oh my gosh, guys I promised to help Mr.Thomas with something, about bathrooms and flooding. I got to go.

Sophia: I'll go with you.

Anthony: It's fine. I-

Sophia: No. I insist.

Anthony: Okay.....

Anthony and Sophia walk out of the room.

Alex: So.... Yeah, what were we talking about again?

Tori: We're you seriously not paying attention!

Alex: Um....

Matt: Well. Our only lead is a call that Ryan received on his phone, that we think her sent.

Alex: I could track the call to the phone's owner.

Matt: Why didn't you say you are a stealth hacker!

Tori: A what now?!

Matt: You know, a stealth hacker. A super cool person that came do super cool computer stuff.

Tori: That's not a real word.

Alex: But yeah. I learned how to track calls, and a bunch of other cool stuff when I was little.

Matt: Dude, you were a super stealthy baby hacker!

Emily: Your imagination has no bounds.

Alex: You make it seem like my childhood, was so much better than yours.

Matt mutters to himself. Something about fire, parents, gone. Tori leaned over and whispered something into Alex's ear.

Tori: Don't go there.

Alex: Okay.... Well I can track the call, so I probably should get started. Is that a computer I could use?

Petra: Yeah. There is some at the desk over there. The rest of you should get to your dorms and rest. We got a big day tomorrow.

Tori: Professor is right let's go.

Emily: Okay, see you later Alex.

Alex: See ya!

Matt: Be Professor.

Petra: Goodnight students.

Emily, Matt, and Tori walked off to their dorms, while Alex got to work on the phone call.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all sooooo very much for reading. I hope you all are enjoying. Please leave a comment, vote, and follow me. I would mean the world to me. Thanks so much to RatherReadBooks for following me. Keep on reading!

IF YOU ARE A ARTIST, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING...

I'm thinking about changing my cover. If you are an artist, and would possibly enter a cover contest please let me know. If we have even just one person interested I will explain what has to be on the cover. Please comment is you would be interested.
Thank you very much,
Kayla Matthews ( Thelemmy123 )