4. Thrills and Spills (Edited)

Hey guys! 

Just a warning, this is an extra, extra long and informative chapter. Anyway, I hope that you enjoy it, please comment and like if you like it. And as always grammatical and spell check warriors please let me know if there are any spelling errors or if something doesn't look or sound right and I will do my best to correct them for ya. 

Happy reading lovelies! 
____________________________

Tiernan's POV 

--- 

There are many rooms in the Pack house designated for different types of meetings.   This room in particular is used only when the Leading Four need to meet to discuss something of import with each other or with their wives and/or children.  Today we're using the room for a meeting between the current Leading Four and future Leading Four and what appears to be our moms.  

Standing in front of the wooden double doors that open up to the Chambers of the Leading Four, I can't help but feel nervous about the plethora of emotions coursing through my veins fueled by the apprehensive thoughts taking over everything.  There are so many flitting thoughts I can't even discern which one to focus on first.  

Running my slightly sweaty palms over my jean clad thighs I bite my lip anxiously.  How can I not be nervous about having a human move onto Pack lands?

How else am I supposed to feel about a decision that could potentially expose us to the human world?  The fear of being experimented on by some ignorant science geek who cares for nothing about the fact that we are still people with feelings, despite our superior capabilities?   

I fucking refuse to acknowledge that part of the reason for my restless emotions is due to seeing a picture of some freaky human girl from some fucking small ass country. 

Shouldn't I feel angry that our father's made a decision that we as a community will have to suffer the repercussions for?  We wouldn't be able to speak freely about Pack business or even mundane things like calling my father Alpha for instance.  Taking a deep fortifying breath I soundly knock on the door, eager to get answers to the questions that are burning its way through my troubled mind. 

We all know that our father's and our mother's are in there waiting for us because we can all smell their distinctively powerful scents. Scents that cling to my friends and I, though the scents aren't as sharp on us and it won't be until we take our roles as full fledged Leaders. 

Scents are a funny thing.  Each and every living thing has a scent attached to it, much like flowers in a field or trees in a forest. For us Werewolves, our scents not only identify our station but also our family unit with subtle differences for every member of the family. 

For instance my father's scent is a mix between sandalwood, Queen of the night brush and pine. 

Beta Thomas has his own unique scent of freshly cut grass, rain and rosewood. 

Gamma Toby's scent  tickles the nose with the refreshing aroma of Eucalyptus, honey and peaches.

While Head Warrior Alaric's scent reminds me of summer days spent in the orchard, fruity with hints of patchouli and Frasier Fir. 

You get the idea.

After some whispered words that really didn't need to be whispered because HELLO - WEREWOLF HEARING!  I hear my father calling for us to enter the room in his deep and resonant tone of voice.

Glancing over my shoulder at my friends I take note of all their expressions.  Jared peers at me with a bored expression and rolls his eyes clearly not feeling this situation. Kaiah is shuffling his feet from side to side anxious to find out what the fuck is going on while Storm looks lost in thought.