5

Nashville,TN
October 2019

Two days later Becky is alone in the bar/dinning area when she hears the front door to Wyatt's open and close.She knew Leah, Gionna,Coco and the rest of the staff never use the front door and none of them were due to arrive until several hours later.
Windham was in back with Thea and the bands lawyer and Windham's lawyer finalizing the contract.
Becky picks up her trusty pool cue and gets into an attack stance.
She listens to the approaching foot steps. When they got close enough she swung with everything she had. Luckily Colby's reflexes were better than her swing he caught the pool cue before she hit him in the head.
"Hello to you too," said Colby.
Becky lowers the pool cue and holds her chest "What the fukin' hell do you want arse?!" she said as her Irish accent coming in thick.
"Sorry," said Colby "I just wanted to see you."
" So you decided giving me a heart attack was a good idea? "said Becky setting the pool cue on the bar top.
" Sorry about that, "said Colby with a smile.
"So you saw me," said Becky "Anything else?"
" Ummm thanks for going to bat for us with your boss and getting us this full time gig, "said Colby.
" Don't worry about it, "shrugged Becky "The one you should really thank is Fergal."
Becky turns to the bar and washes it down after putting her pool cue behind the bar.
"Is Fergal your boyfriend?" asks Colby taking a bar stool a bit down from Becky.
"What? No," said Becky "Yuck I have known him since I was three. He is my brother's best friend. Fergal is like a brother to me."
" Oh, "said Colby "So are you single?"
" As the day is long, "said Becky setting up glasses for the night " What about you? "
"Single," said Colby.
"Ahh nice," said Becky avoiding Colby's eyes which she could feel burning a hole into her.
"Becky," said Colby placing a hand on top of Becky's.
Becky 's heart nearly stopped she felt electricity coursing threw her body. Becky looks up and their eyes connect and at that moment everything around them turned fuzzy. Colby stands and comes behind the bar. They are mere inches from one another's lips. But the moment is broken up by Thea,Windham and the lawyers coming from the back.
Colby and Becky break apart. Thea smiles when she sees Colby and Becky.
"Hey guys," said Thea "Whatcha doing here Colby?"
" Oh ummm, "said Colby racking his brain to come up with a good excuse and not give Thea the real truth that he was there to see Becky "Trying to figure out the stage."
Thea raised an eyebrow not buying it for a minute because she saw the moment between the two.
"Oh ok," smirked Thea .
" Well I'll see you all tonight! "said Colby tripping on a bar stool "Thanks for the info Becky. Bye."
Colby made his not so graceful exit.
Becky just shook her head to clear the cobwebs. What is he doing to me?! she thought.
Meanwhile in his pick up Colby is gripping the wheel Oh man what is she doing to me?!! he thought.
Windham shakes Thea's , her lawyer 's and his lawyer's hand before escorting the two lawyers to the front door. Thea stuck around.
"You know I saw that," said Thea leaning on the bar.
"Saw what?" asks Becky setting a few new bottles of Jack Daniels on the shelf.
"That moment between you and Colby,-" smiled Thea.
Becky turns white as a sheet.
"-Relax," said Thea waving her hand "It's kinda cute. You two have puppy love."
" What?!! Noooo, "said Becky shaking her head vigorously.
" Thou protest to much my friend, "said Thea with a warm smile.
" No no no" said Becky with every no her voice dropped an octave.
Thea raised an eyebrow and smirks "Oh yes you do. You got it bad girl and well feeling is mutual fyi.-"
Becky goes stark white again.
"-Just so you know we are about this close," said Thea holding her thumb and pointer finger a millimeter apart "to all of us as a group to smacking Colby. He hasn't shut up about you since two nights ago.BTW did you know you have freckles that are so cute?"
Becky blushes a very deep red "Don't tell anyone please. My friends will ride me about this."
" Oh honey, "said Thea "Anyone who was there two nights ago saw the sparks flying between you two. I am surprised it didn't start the place on fire."
Thea smiles,waves and leaves.
Becky sighs and slumped onto a bar stool.
"Shit," said Becky throwing the bar rag on the bar top.