8

That night as Midnight Wolf is sitting having dinner as was everyone else is eating around them is eating too.Becky is snacking on pretzels as the jukebox in the corner plays Sparks Fly by Taylor Swift.
Becky dances to the music while she gets three bottles of beer for the guy at the end of the bar. Colby is watching her and he smiled to himself. She was so beautiful. She didn't even realize Colby staring at her as she danced to Taylor Swift.
"Goober!!!" said Tay snapping her fingers in front of Colby's face.
Colby blinked and looks at Tay.
"What?"
" Are you going to eat that pickle? "
"Here," said Colby handing Tay the pickle from his plate.
"Thanks," smiled Tay "BTW if you keep staring at her like that I will personally go tell her to go out with you."
" You will do no such thing Elizabeth Taylor Lopez!!! "said Colby.
" Dude I'm kidding, "said Tay.
" Sorry Tay, "said Colby with a sigh.
" Goober I get it you've got a crush, "said Tay her eyes softening "But you have to just take a chance and ask her out. What Kayla did all those years ago was horrible but Colby it's time to move on. Becky could easily be your penguin."
Colby smiles at his baby sister "I know but Tay I have built up such a wall around my heart."
" Maybe Becky is the one to break down that wall. How are you ever going to know if you don't even try? "
"When did you grow up and become so smart?" smiled Colby.
"When I joined the pack," said Tay looking at her brother and friends.
Colby smiles and takes a deep breath.
"Well I guess it's now or never," said Colby standing up.
Tay nearly chokes on the burger she was eating.
"Wait now?!"
Colby nods and strides over to the bar.
"Is he jumping in?" asked Joe as he watched Colby walk away from the table.
Tay still dumbfounded just nods.
Becky watched as Colby winds his way threw the crowded dance floor. Their eyes meet and they smile at each other.
Leah,Gionna and Coco are watching from the kitchen as is Windham.
"Finally," said Windham and the girls nod in agreement.
But just as Colby gets near the bar he changed his mind and heads to the restroom.
"Shit," everyone except Becky and Colby said.
" I thought he finally had the balls, "said Tom.
" We can't push him, "shrugged Thea drinking her diet Pepsi "Do I wish he would have the same confidence he has on stage? Yes but we can only support him."
Colby looks into the men's restroom mirror.
"Lopez pull it together!! If you don't have the balls to ask her out now you might just loose your chance. She is a gorgeous woman she won't stay single for ever," said Colby giving himself a pep talk aloud .
He was so busy talking to himself he didn't notice Joe and Luke enter.
"You ok?" asked Joe.
Colby looks at him using the mirror "Swell."
Joe came over to him and put a hand on Colby's shoulder.
"Dude wise up Becky is drop dead gorgeous do you honestly think she will stay single forever? If you don't get some balls you'll only have yourself to blame when she gets herself a man and walks out of your life."
Colby does a half smile as he turns and leans against the sink "You're right I know that but..."
" Dude fuck Kayla she is a whore, "said Luke "She wasn't your penguin!"
" You and Tay with your damn penguins, "said Colby shaking his head.
" Penguins  mate forever, "said Luke "I think it's kinda romantic."
Colby smiles and nods "You're both right. I have to man up and go ask out Becky."
Colby takes a deep breath and walks out of the restroom followed by Joe and Luke.
Colby mustered the courage and walks straight up to the bar.
"Hi," smiled Becky "Need more waters?"
" Not right now, "said Colby.
" Okay then what do you need? "asks Becky.
" Would you go out with me? "
Becky stood there stunned "I uhhhh," she managed to mutter .
"Oh," said Colby " That's okay. "
"YES!!" said Becky finding her voice.
"Yes?"
Becky nods "Yes."
" You said yes?! "
"Yes," said Becky "I said Yes."
" Fantastic, "said Colby "Bye."
Colby turns.
"Colby?!"said Becky
" Yeah, "said Colby turning back to Becky.
" When? "
"When what?"
" When do you want to go out on our date? "
"Oh," said Colby " Well I have to see when I'm off my boss is kinda a task master. "
Colby smirks and Becky blushes.
"Well I think I could talk to your boss and maybe she can schedule a day off for you," said Becky wrapping a strand of hair around her finger.
"Really?" said Colby with a smile and leaning against the bar.
"Yeah," smiled Becky leaning against the bar "Maybe next Thursday."
Colby smiles and nods as he knows that is the bands night off from Wyatt's as it is Becky's as well.
"I'll pick you up at seven?" said Colby.
Becky nods "I'll text you my address. Well I will once you give me your cellphone number."
Becky pulled her cellphone from her jeans back pocket as Colby did the same with his. They hand each other their phones.
Their friends celebrate.