14

"You saw it happen?!" said Colby his arm dropping from Becky 's shoulder.
Becky nodded "Per usual I followed Iris around like a puppy dog and that day was no different. She took me to the park much like this one. Stanley was a skater boy. So we went to the section where they all hung out. I didn't hear the first part but the second they were both screaming," said Becky covering her ears and closing her eyes "So loud and then Stanley grabbed her and flung her down the concrete steps.I remember screaming and then people that were at the park tried to comfort me and they called the police. Stanley took off and it took about a month to finally catch up to him. It was all so horrible."
Becky broke at that moment as her crying turned into wailing and her body shaking as Colby took her into his arms.
"Oh Becky I am so sorry," said Colby with tears of his own coming down his face as he rubbed Becky's back "Do you wanna go home?"
Becky nods yes and Colby scooped her up bridal style and carried her back to his pick-up truck.
He drove her home and carried her to her apartment. When Leah opened the door and saw Becky crying in Colby's arms her heart completely broke.
"What happened?" asked Leah as she stepped aside to let Colby so he could put Becky on the couch.
"She told me about Iris," said Colby as he went to place Becky on the couch she shook her head no and refused to let Colby go. So he sat down and held her.
Leah closed the front door and sits in the chair next to the couch.
"You must be something special.I didn't know about Iris until at least two years into our friendship," said Leah pulling her legs up to her chest.
"I told her she didn't have too," said Colby.
Becky pulled her head up from Colby's neck "But I wanted too. I trust you Colby."
Colby smiles at her "I trust you too but ."
" But nothing, "said Becky sliding next to Colby and draping her legs over his lap "I wanted to let you know about my past. If we are going to have any kind of relationship then you need to know everything."
Leah cleared her throat causing both of them to look at her.
"What?" said Becky.
"Would you like me to tell Windham you two aren't coming in?"
" What are you talking about Leah? We don't have, "Becky stopped short when she saw the clock "Shit! We are going to be late!-"
Becky jumps up and runs to her bedroom.
Colby bids a quick good bye and hauls ass out of the apartment.
"-Why didn't you say something?!" said Becky pulling on her jacket again .
"You were upset and I didn't," said Leah.
Becky 's face softened and she threw her arms around her best friend and hugged the hell out of her.
"I love you Leah."
" Love you most Becky, "smiled Leah as they locked up and hurried downstairs to Becky's Pilot.