13

Colby drives the 4.5 miles to the park. He finds a parking spot and helped Becky out of the truck again. He offered her his hand and she smiled and intertwined their fingers.
"Colby," said Becky quietly.
"Hmmm," hummed Colby.
"Back at Frosty's," she began "Me crying."
" Don't worry about that, "said Colby.
" Well it's just I normally don't cry in front of many people. You're only the fourth person in my adult life that has seen me cry. "
"Who are the other three?"
" Leah, Gionna and Coco," said Becky.
"Well I've met Leah," said Colby.
"Gionna and Coco also work at Wyatt's. Gionna is the petit blonde and Coco is the busty brunette."
Colby laughs at the description of her friends.
"Oh now I know who they are," smirks Colby.
Becky playfully slaps his arm "You had to have seen em! They walk by the stage a lot."
" Well to be perfectly honest with you. All I see when I'm up there is you, "said Colby stopping.
Becky stopped as well and looked up at him and blushes.
" Really? "
Colby nods and moves closer to Becky.She swallowed hard and quickly licked her lips. Colby just as she had suspected placed his warm lips onto her lips. He pulled her closer by putting his arms around her waist. She followed by draping her arms around his neck. They don't move except for their lips which dance together. The tension that had been between them melted away.When they came up for air they looked at each other and smiled.
"Should we continue our stroll?" asks Colby.
Becky nods and intertwined their fingers once again.
"Colby?"
" Yes Becky, "said Colby.
" How about we sit.I would like to tell you about my sister Iris. "
Colby looks at her "You know you don't have to."
" I know, "said Becky "But I want to."
Colby nods and they find a bench and sit down. Becky sits Indian style on the bench facing Colby.
She takes a deep breath.
"Take your time," said Colby "And once again you don't have to talk about it."
Becky smiles slightly "I know," said Becky looking down and then up right into Colby's chocolate brown eyes looking "Iris was my idol as a little girl. She was always treating me like her little baby doll. She was the only one who could talk me into a frilly dress. Heaven help my Mom if she tried to get me in a dress. I was and still am perfectly content in jeans and a crop top or t-shirt. You'll rarely ever see me in heels either. I love a good sneaker.Iris had the type of personality that could sell ice to an Eskimo. Then when Iris was roughly fourteen she met Stanley Hawthorne also fourteen when he moved to Ireland from England. They became inseparable. But one day Iris found out she was pregnant and when she told Stanley."
Becky stopped as tears sprung to her eyes.
Colby put a comforting hand on her shoulder "If you don't want to go on Becky you don't have to."
Becky placed her hand on his arm "It's okay I want to.Well Iris told Stanley and he was furious. He screamed the baby wasn't his and he grabbed Iris and threw her down the steps.She landed and broke her neck killing her instantly."
" How do you know all that with you being six? "
"Because Colby I saw it all happen," said Becky with tears flowing down her face.