6

Later that afternoon as Midnight Wolf is getting ready to do sound check.
Becky is back behind the bar  when she sees Colby approaching. She immediately panics and knocked over several glasses.
"Nice move," smiled Colby.
Becky playfully stuck her tongue out at him.Colby laughs and puts another fifty on the bar top.
"Waters and," began Colby as Becky slid the fifty back to him.
"On the house," said Becky with a smile.
Colby raised an eyebrow "Really?"
Becky nods like a bobble head.
"Windham 's treat for bringing in a shit load of profit on a Tuesday night," said Becky leaning against the back of the bar.
Tay and Joe are watching from the stage where they were setting up their space.
"Would you look at that," said Joe.
"Come on Goober ask her out!" said Tay.
Joe laughed "You are such a girl," said Joe rolling his eyes.
Tay stuck her tongue  out at Joe. He ruffled her hair playfully.
"You know you love me," said Tay.
"Somedays," laughed Joe as Tay hit his arm "For example when you don't beat me up."
Tay laughed and hugged Joe "So do you think Goober will do it?"
" Naw he'll chicken out again, "said Joe putting his drum sticks in their holders.
" Probably, " said Tay "That bitch really messed him up."
" You can say that again, "said Joe shaking his head.
"That bitch really messed him up," smirked Tay as Joe threw his towel at her.
"Tay you are an absolute dork!"
" Yeah but she is my dork, "laughed Luke from his seat next to Thea.
Tay smiles widely at Luke.
" Love you bean pole, "said Tay.
" Love you more Bubbles, "said Luke as he pulled Tay onto his lap.They shared a sweet kiss.
" So , "said Becky "Tay's you're kid sister?"
" Yep, "nodded Colby "I was seven when she was born our bio dad bounced two months after she was born."
" How horrible, "said Becky as she cleaned up the broken glass.
" He was a horrible father to me for my first seven years so it isn't that bad, "shrugged Colby.
" Still, "said Becky standing up with the dust pan in her hand "It sucks.-"
Becky dumps the broken glass into the can behind the bar. A piece of glass falls back onto the floor.Becky goes to pick it up and is sliced by the sharp shard.
"-Fuck," said Becky dropping the glass into the can and looking at her hand and the blood slowly trickling down her hand.
"Oh shit, "said Colby springing to his feet and comes around the bar "Where's your first aid kit?"
"Right there," said Becky nodding at the first aid kit under the bar.
Colby grabs it and quickly opens it. He pulled out the stuff he needed and quickly fixed Becky's finger.
"There we go," smiled Colby "All better. You're lucky it isn't deep enough to require stitches."
"Thank you," said Becky pulling her hand to her chest.
"You're welcome," said Colby putting the garbage in the can and the first aid kit back.
Before Becky knew what she was doing she gave Colby a kiss on his cheek. Colby stood up as Luke covered Tay's mouth before she could scream.
"Oooop I am so sorry," said Becky.
"It's ok," said Colby with a smile.
Becky smiled at Colby. Colby stood and stepped up to Becky. They were mere inches from one another. At stage side Tay and Thea are both holding their breath. Joe, Tom and Luke were watching the girls go bananas.
As Colby was about to lean in to make his move Becky panics and goes around him.
"I better go let Windham know I cut my finger," said Becky "Have a good sound check."
Colby sighs and lowers his head as Becky left the area.
"Damn," said Tay and Thea.
Joe, Tom and Luke just shook their heads.
As Colby walks back to his friends with forlorn faces.
"Sorry Goober," said Tay hugging her brother around the waist.
"It's ok Tay," said Colby returning the hug with one arm.
Joe looks at his best friend "You sure about that?"
"Joe,Becky is something special. I am not going to ruin it before it can even begin."
Joe nods and leaves it at that. He knew Colby wanted Becky but he also knew how Colby was. Colby never rushed into things. Hell with that bitch Kayla he took all of Sophomore year before he even got the courage to say more than two words to her and it seems as Becky might be the same way.