12

"Well Joe and I actually started Midnight Wolf back in Davenport. Back then it was Joe,myself, Kayla, and two high school friends Greg Franklin and Parker Hastings," said Colby cutting his eggplant parmesan "We basically played at the school dances but back then we played the pop music."
" So how did you transition into country? "
"Well I always liked country so did Joe but Kayla insisted we wouldn't make it if we played strictly country,"said Colby.
Becky snorted with laughter "You're kidding Miss. I'm Queen of Country didn't want to sing it's songs?"
"Ironic I know," said Colby "Anyway we moved here to Nashville because I also wanted to write and Parker's  brother Palmer lived here as a song writer and Parker suggested I move here but I didn't want to move alone so Joe and of course Kayla had to come."
Becky nods "So did Palmer help out?"
Colby nods "Sure did we crashed at his place when the three of us moved here but after a while the three of us found a place of our own.."
Becky raised an eyebrow "So are you and Palmer still friends?"
Colby shook his head no "Turns out he is the one who got into not only Kayla 's ear but her pants as well I found out later."
" Wait so she cheated on you too?! "
Colby nodded sadly "Yes she did."
" How did you find that out?! "
"Parker," said Colby "He walked in on them having sex at his and Palmer 's parents place while we home for Christmas!"
" Damn, " said Becky eating a bite of eggplant  "Sorry about that."
Colby shrugged "All water under the bridge. Now you know my story of my wall around my heart what's yours?"
Becky looks at her plate and then back at Colby "Well my ex boyfriend Jeff was and still is a horse's ass let's start off that way but when we first got together I didn't and more than likely refused to see that. I met him while working at my old job the one I worked at just after moving to Nashville from Ireland. He was the cook at the restaurant I bussed tables at. It's also where I met Leah so it wasn't that bad. Anyway," said Becky taking a breath and drinking some water "Jeff and I were going strong until about eight years ago and I walked in on him and Leah's best friend from her hometown having sex on Leah's and my couch. I mean I saw everything. He was still in her when I walked in! I grabbed by pool cue and chased both of their assess out as naked as the day they came into this world."
" Didn't Leah wonder where her friend went? "
"Nope she walked in on them too.Matter of fact Leah is the one that tossed me the pool cue. He pulled out of her so fast," laughed Becky "They both ran."
" You certainly like your pool cue don't you? " smiled Colby referring to the first time they almost kissed.
"It hasn't failed me yet," said Becky with a shrug.
Colby and Becky exchanged looks and both dissolved into laughter.
"Well you know about my sister. Do you have any siblings?"
Becky nods "I had two."
" Had? "
"Yes," said Becky suddenly very quiet " I'm the baby. My older brother Richie is twelve years older than I am and our sister Iris was ten years older than me. Iris died when I was six and she was sixteen. Well actually she was murdered by her boyfriend. "
Becky's eyes filled with tears and she lowered her head so Colby wouldn't see her crying.
But Colby did see her crying and he came over to her side of the table and hugged her.She wasn't one to cry in front of people. Becky could count on one hand who had seen her cry in her adult life. Leah,Gionna,Coco were three and the fourth was Colby.
"You know you don't have to talk about it,-" said Colby.
Becky nodded against his chest.
"-How about I pay and we can get out of here and go to the park."
" I'd like that, "said Becky drying her eyes with a paper napkin.